TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

^ Don't rule it out. It could be human error, it could be something else. Never rule something out just it doesn't have the "proper" details.

You shouldn't "rule it in," either. Wait for the facts, then make a determination.

^ Don't rule it out. It could be human error, it could be something else. Never rule something out just it doesn't have the "proper" details.

You shouldn't "rule it in," either. Wait for the facts, then make a determination.

I just meant don't forget it, just leave it as a probable cause, I wasn't deciding then and there.

I dont get how this keeps hapenning. Because of accidents like this pretty much every corporate park has lockout procedures that prevents the ride from running while someone is working on it. The person who ran the ride while the maintenence guy was in the ride area would probably have to unlock the lockout from the rides control panel then take the DO NOT OPERATE OR I WILL DIE sign off the control panel and run the ride. And if that were to happen you think the noise from the train/rattling of the ride when the train is coming would indicate to get the heck away from the track.

Theres something fishy about when park employees die like this, im sure European parks are much more lenient than American parks about shutting off rides while theyre working on it and that might be the case here, or maybe he was just too lazy to do it, but in the back of my head when this happens I always think suicide.

I think, Portaventura still use the old Tussauds method of using red and green signs. The red saying engineering and the green saying operations.

Crying shame, perhaps its the old habit of thinking you know the ride so well you become too comfortable.

Of course they could have changed the procedure to the padlock style since then.

Still my heart go's out to his family.

• 10 months later...

http://www.portaventura.es/espectaculos-polynesia-sea-odissey-4d#

Nuevos personajes y nuevas historias llegan al espectáculo Sea Odyssey para reinventar la famosa atracción Sea Odyssey de PortAventura. ¡Ahora con un alucinante formato 4D!

Categoría: variados

Acceso a discapacitados: sí

Cuándo se exhibe: hasta fin de temporada - consulta el horario del espectáculo

Translation:

New characters and new stories come to the show to reinvent Sea Odyssey Sea Odyssey attraction famous PortAventura. Now with a 4D format awesome!

Category: miscellaneous

Disabled access: yes

When is displayed: until end of season - check the show schedule

^Further translation...

We're now going to spray water on you while you ride.

They already did that when Sea Odyssey was a regular simulator.

From what I have read on Spanish forums, PA have bought new projectors and new films. In fact, the original film with Sami and the Seafari submarine will no longer be screened. It has been replaced by 2 random 3D films:

- Alien Safari

- Ali Baba

Supposedly, one of the films will be aimed at families while the other will be a more intense experience. In addition, the Park has bought 2 Halloween-themed films for Halloween season:

- Enchanted Castle

- Haunted Forest

Such a disappointment that the current PA management are destroying what Universal brought to the Park. Sea Odyssey used to be a really immersive experience and now it will loose its character and themeing...

By the way, PA is also developing a kids area themed after Sesame Street including 8 new kids rides. The area will be located behind Tami-tami (which might also be rethemed) and will feature a jet-ski, a tractor ride, some spinning rides, a kids free-fall tower and a self-operated monorail that will go around Polynesia.

• 1 month later...

Four months since the Italian group "Investindustrial" entered at the Park's gates, PortAventura is constructing a new kiddie area fully dedicated to Sesame Street.

The new zone will be located in Polynesia.

The cost of this project is around 10.000.000 Euro, but this is not confirmed yet. With this decision, PortAventura hopes to rise the families presence on the park, that ever said the park is only for young-adult people.

Some Photos from "PortAventura Community"

Greetings!

I'm not too sure what to make of this. When I visited in 2009, I was struck by how professional everything was. Each themed area was pulled off so well and even something as cliched as The Wild West was presented impeccably well! I fear this will add a touch of tackiness that Port Aventura doesn't need to have. I'm not disputing the idea of a family area as I welcome a younger market to any theme park however, the whole Sesame Street theme doesn't really do it for me. I feel it will damage the incredible and unspoilt atmosphere I love at Port Aventura. Alas, I shall wait and see how they approach this and I hope it will be just as fantastic as the rest of the park.

^True, but its REALLY hard to make a family area unless it has some kind of character or theme a kids can relate to. Disney is clearly taken, and Nickelodian wouldnt be any better of an area than sesame street. IT will really depend if this park can get right the only thing that IOA feels at, which is area transitions. I didnt like going from Comic books to Jurassic Park, but if they creat some area which does not all the sudden transition into a crazt colorful bright area this will probably work.

Well,10% of Port Aventura was owned by (and probably is still) by the Busch Parks. So If it is being built the Polynesia area than it may have an Asian theme, just like BGT did with Sesame street, so it wont be as tacky and quite nice. Hopefully they will make it fit in just right.

Well,10% of Port Aventura was owned by (and probably is still) by the Busch Parks. So If it is being built the Polynesia area than it may have an Asian theme, just like BGT did with Sesame street, so it wont be as tacky and quite nice. Hopefully they will make it fit in just right.

When the Park opened Busch had some shares, just like Tussaud Group. But then "La Caixa", former main shareholder, bought Busch's and TG's. That's the reason why the park is so similar to Busch Gardens Africa (Khan, for instance) and the reason why Stampida is there (that wooden coaster was meant to go to Alton Towers).

Hopefully, the'll pull this project better than the lackluster conversion of Sea Odyssey from a regular sim-ride to a 4D cinema.

According to the original plans this area will feature:

- A train station.

- A coaster (well, this would be a re-themed Tami tami, the park's roller skater).

- A truck ride

- A jet-sky ride

- Some sort of kid's freefall ride

- A couple more of spin rides, all aimet at kids/families.

- A big restaurant coupled with an open-air theatre for Sesame Place shows.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The 2012 addition is rumoured to be a new coaster in China.

The rumours have been floating around lately about a new B&M coaster located right next to Khan. The coaster will be placed in an area where a restaurant stands now (Canton, which almost never opens). The coaster itself won't be themed but the queues are said they will be heavily themed (a bit like Khan, so, good coaster but no themeing whatsoever).

The two models that are being discussed are a Dive Machine or a Flying Coaster. What we know is that it will be Europe's tallest coaster in its category and it will be a world-class one. Let these rumours be TRUE, please, because PA needs another reliable crowd pleaser after all these years with Intamins. I am not saying that Hurakan Condor or Furius Baco were not good additions but in all honesty, even after 15 years of operation, Khan still kicks some serious butt (it pulls long lines and everyone recognises it as the Park's signature ride), and doesn't have as many technical problems as the more recent additions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I bring news. The new family area will be dedicated to Sesame Street and was called "Sésamo Aventura" (Sesame adventure).

Then I leave photos of the logo area in the notices of parking and the guis of the park, also photos of the construction of the area, drawn from Pa-Community.com.