TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

^^

Dunno why it's so important for rides to be heartlined anyway? Is forcelessness a good thing?

I reckon it would be quite a cool element, as it will be like being strapped on the end of a propeller as the train twists through.

^ Why wouldn't they be able to put it through a heartline roll? have you seen what X does?

As long as there's enough clearance than there's no problem with that kind of train going through that particular element.

X isn't heartlined, isn't it? It's impossible to have a coaster like this heartlined, because you'd heartline the center only, and it would barely do anything, or you'd only heartline one side, which would fling the other side of the train around the exterior causing incredible lats. I've heard "heartline roll" said a bunch of times, but how is it heartlined, isn't it impossible?

It'd be like a huge corkscrew, and I don't think that would work either...

^People are just used to that terminology for that element even if its not really the correct word. I guess 'inline twist' would be a better term but at the end of the day people are just going to call it whatever comes to mind.

Erm how will they load these...will it have a retracable floor or something?

I guess, its really not much different to your regular inverted coaster, except there would be a floor on both sides of the train. Also I imagine that for sitting on the seats on the far side of the train you would just walk across the gap in the barrels you can see in the 3rd last pic.

But if you look at the 3rd to last pic you can see that there is a gap in the barrels with a wide floor so you would simply walk straight across, no need for a split in the queue like on X.

The second shot down here; http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5418&start=855 shows what they have done quite clearly.

Well i would have just thought that was so ride ops can cross over if they need to. But if you go back a page and look at the 4th post, 3rd pic... it says at the top of the pic "station construction load-unload".

But the station shot is pretty inconclusive, it doesnt really show anything except for the fact its a huge station.

Also, I dont think the gaps in the barrels are for the convenience of the ride ops because they are on every row, and if they were just for ride ops there would only need to be one.

But the station shot is pretty inconclusive, it doesnt really show anything except for the fact its a huge station.

Also, I dont think the gaps in the barrels are for the convenience of the ride ops because they are on every row, and if they were just for ride ops there would only need to be one.

Yea but it only shows half of the station building. If you look at a picture of the whole building, it is obvious that there is another section. I know there is no point in arguing it, but i'm going to keep with believing that it is a load-unload configuration.

And with the gaps between rows, i'm not saying that the space is there JUST for the ops but it would be kind of an inconvenience if a ride op is at one end of the train and has to walk to the other end to cross.

If you look at a picture of the station the track is almost level with the station platform this shows that there will be no rising floor and the seats will just hang above the station platform. It also suggests that the gaps in the barrels will line up with the platform and so people will just walk across these gaps to get to the seats on the far side.

Yea but it only shows half of the station building. If you look at a picture of the whole building, it is obvious that there is another section. I know there is no point in arguing it, but i'm going to keep with believing that it is a load-unload configuration.

And with the gaps between rows, i'm not saying that the space is there JUST for the ops but it would be kind of an inconvenience if a ride op is at one end of the train and has to walk to the other end to cross.

Hang on, I could simply be misunderstanding you here, or maybe we are talking about different things.

When you say 'load-unload configuration' do you mean that people will get on and off in the same place, or do you mean that there will be separate loading and unloading platforms.

All i was talking about is that there will probably only be gates on one side of the station like a regular coaster.

Hang on, I could simply be misunderstanding you here, or maybe we are talking about different things.

When you say 'load-unload configuration' do you mean that people will get on and off in the same place, or do you mean that there will be separate loading and unloading platforms.

All i was talking about is that there will probably only be gates on one side of the station like a regular coaster.

I hope i didnt come off as hostile. I re-read my last post and it kinda seemed that way to me. But what I meant was the train comes in, stops, then unloads. After that, the empty train advances forward to load with gates on both sides.