TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Found a picture of the trains which was posted on the UM Website forums:

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2991/dsc04293hc5.jpg

The trains look awesome and I like the Barrel themeing in the middle of the trains and I really like the colour of the trains and the seats.

Testing is starting tomorrow, hopefully while the park is open so people can get pictures and videos and post them on the internet.

It´s possible that the testings are going to be late a few days

I hope that is'nt true but I am worried that this coaster is going to be delayed to maybe late June/ early July or something like that because there is so much left to do. Alot of the other coasters opening next month are already testing and most of there themeing is nearly complete like Maverick, Desert Race and Griffon and Furius Baco is still working on the station which looks like that there is still a good bit of work to do and I hav'nt seen any pictures of themeing or trees around the layout yet.

Does anyone know if they have done a pullthrough yet?

I say so, they are due to start testing anyday now and the trains are now put together.

I was reading some of the Spannish forums with a translater some people think it wont open until late June aswell.

If this is not open when I am there I will go mad because I am going back to Port Aventura just for this. I am going the last week of June. They hav'nt even started the que yet.

Another picture:

That's all bad news for me. I'm there from may 15 - 22, so most likely no Furius Baco for me this spring. And then the problems with Stampida's new trains. Hell of a time to fool around Port Aventura! But luckily for me, I can book cheap bus trips to all inclusive resorts in Salou in september/october. So whatever happens, I will ride this thing in the near future! It would be awesome to see this thing up and running before may 22 though.

They have so much left to do! I agree it doesn't look like it will be opening on time. Hopefully should be open for the 1st week of July when I go though!! It wouldn't be as bad for me if it's closed though as I am going to two other parks I have never been to, will be very dissapointing though. I mean it's half way through the season it's gotta be finished by then!

Those trains look AWESOME! will the station have a retractable floor so the people can board or are they low enough to the ground? I think thats an awesome idea for trains on the launched coasters. Kudos to Intamin for their Designing skills.

I think there will be a retractable floor... and I think it will be the same system as Eejanaika's floor...

I love the logo!

Wow that last pic is interesting, shows how much work they still have left to do! The park said the ride would be open in May which is only 6 days away! I think it's highly likely we will not see this ride open untill at least June.