TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Reviews of Ferrari Land are coming in now on Pa-Community, and it's not looking good.

I personally give it maybe 2 years before Ferrari pull out and it just becomes a new "Italy" area of the main park.

My thoughts entirely, a whole separate park is simply not sustainable, once it gets less popular it will simply just get put into the main park. I wonder if Red Force will be put onto PA Express, I mean Furius Baco is on it with double the capacity and reached 3 hours every time I visited in August 2015, so Red Force would be absolutely packed. I guess they'd probably just do what they did to Hurakan Condor and exclude it from the pass - or just get rid of the stupid (ly amazing value) PA Express for hotel guests, or at least like double the price, 60 euros for a week was simply ridiculous.

I was at Ferrari Land today. Red Force was down until 13:30, then it opened and broke down again at 16:30 (park closed at 17:00). At least I was able to get 3 rides on it. Expect a full trip report soon, from both FL and PA!

Also, the undersite of the trains were "immersed" in water when they were in the station for loading/unloading. I don't know if this was already installed before the ride went down on opening day. Thought it was interesting.

Red Force is already on the Ferrari Land Express.

(Yes, there are two different express, one for port aventura and another for ferrari land)

This is so dumb. I get that it's two separate parks, but why would you pay for a pass that's for most of PortAventura's main rides, but then pay extra for a Ferrari World pass, that mind you, is currently available for ONLY ONE RIDE???

^Exactly! For the time it was open, the queue time was 1 hour. The Express Pass was 5 minutes. Though, you can only use the Express Pass once for Red Force (and all the other rides as well).

Yeah for an unreliable ride with an hour wait I'd happily shell out 10 bucks if I walked up and saw it actually operating and go to the first available row.

After that I'd hop in the standby line and try for a front row ride knowing that if it breaks down at least I got to ride it.

Yeah for an unreliable ride with an hour wait I'd happily shell out 10 bucks if I walked up and saw it actually operating and go to the first available row.

After that I'd hop in the standby line and try for a front row ride knowing that if it breaks down at least I got to ride it.

That's exactly what I did! First ride was with Express Pass, and my other two rides with the standard line.

You have to choose if visiting the park in the first time slot 10-17 or in the second one 18-01, just to reduce the flow.

After the pigeon story, people have to wear goggles if sitting in the first row. I prefer the ones of Formula Rossa, those on Red Force are pretty ugly.

Finally rode Red Force!

The first row is pure awesomeness, the launch is much more intense than I was expecting, it doesn't let up until you reach the end of the rectilinear, and overall the ride is really fun and thrilling, with some airtime on the top hat, all over the drop and on the final brakes.

Such a shame back rows are really shaky at the very end of the launch, even if the coaster was without queue, I couldn't have more than 7 rides, and needed some breaks because my head was hurting

I wonder what it is about Kingda and Red Force vs. TTD when it comes to the shakiness.

In the early testing videos for Kingda you can see the car visibly shaking as it rumbles down the track... TTD is always smooth as glass.

I just recently watched a vid that included a shot from behind the launch of KDK and holy hell the train shakes like a visible 5-10cm in the rear like how is that even healthy

• 2 weeks later...

In the park as we speak( long live free wifi). Just rode red force 3 times in 1 hour with one ride front row. Compared with TTD the launch is a little less forcefull but it is great fun. The rolling start is awesome and the launch itself is building up very smooth. Although the front row was reasonably smooth the other rows we had(4 and 5) had a very noticable shaking going on. All in all a great ride with a little but fun bonus: the sound of the launch is awesome!