TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Looks fantastic! I absolutely love how fluid the 90-degree transitions are on the way up and down. And the straight down drop looks like it will be quite a bit better than the 270-degree twists on Dragster and Ka. Even though it's around 100 feet shorter, the drop will probably appear bigger since it is straight down.

It's nice to see Intamin build a huge launch (100+ mph) after over a decade hiatus. Hopefully this ride does well for the park!

It's nice to see Intamin build a huge launch (100+ mph) after over a decade hiatus. Hopefully this ride does well for the park!

The world's fastest coaster at the other Ferrari park would like to have a word with you...

The world's fastest coaster at the other Ferrari park would like to have a word with you...

LOL I'm an idiot. I guess I was thinking more "strata"/super tall rides ("top hat coasters"). But you're totally right. That's embarrasing!

Regardless, I also find it surprising that this has such a strong LSM launch. It looks like it has some great kick!

^ Is it insensitive to call that funny? If no, then that is quite funny. I feel sorry for the man though getting covered in pigeon bits, but at least he still seemed to enjoy the drop on the ride. Credit to a ride being so good that even after being hit by a pigeon, you can still but your hands up and enjoy the rest of the ride!

^ Is it insensitive to call that funny?

Who gives a sh*t? That video is freaking hilarious, from his friends confused reaction, right down to the fact that he still tries to enjoy the rest of the ride. I would have too.

Besides, I always wished we had video of that glorious goose exploding all over Fabio's face, but this'll do.

Red Force is now unavailable, engineers are touching different sections of the LSM launch. Could this mean that they are getting too hot in the Spanish heat?

If that's the case, they are in for a very big problem! Especially since it's only 20 degrees (68F) in Spain today.

17522625_1861495603876393_2997410353434233214_n.jpg.6d17f13dafc23b59f6bdecf4f08f7f9a.jpg

Source

Oh no, an Intamin accelerator coaster broke down for awhile on opening day? Say it ain't so!

Seriously guys, stop speculating. It could be anything and as someone with Kingda Ka in their home park (and yes, I realize this uses a LIM launch) my best advice would be that you get used to it.

Edited by coasterbill

Who gives a sh*t? That video is freaking hilarious, from his friends confused reaction, right down to the fact that he still tries to enjoy the rest of the ride. I would have too.

Besides, I always wished we had video of that glorious goose exploding all over Fabio's face, but this'll do.

Thank God it is not just me! I was worried I would get banned for posting that, so made it sensitive to others. My Honest reaction to seeing that was first OMG, then insane laughter.

I don't see any of the wire-y looking spray heads that stick up all around the wheels of i305 in the brake run and station... I also don't see a water collection trough below the track (or else water would be leaking on their new white canvas covering thing in that photo.

I could be wrong, but these launches are usually soaked in water or hidden in tunnels for a reason.

Guys, seriously. An Intamin launch coaster breaking down on opening day isn't necessarily the sign of a major oversight by the manufacturer like forgetting that LIMs get hot. This is literally the single most predictable thing that's ever happened in the history of theme parks.

Coasterbill you are correct obviously, no one's hair should be on fire about this, I'm just noting that it's interesting how there doesn't appear to be any visible water cooling so far. I always like noting the quick tweaks that companies (mostly Intamin) seem to make in the few weeks after opening a new huge ride. We all know how many i305 got, and how several of their hypers got reinforced footers/supports, or how MF has the cutout for the envelope issue on the first turn. These minor details excite some of us.

Although I thought it would not be long before LSM's caused problems on this ride, and am not surprised that such new technology is having issues, I would like to add something. I think the LIM's are already sprayed with water, and a lot of it too. This video seems to prove this point. A brand new ride broke down. So what?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eYamSdlRmkw

That was f*cking hilarous!! The thing that got me was how the pigeon actually stuck to his neck, rather than flying off instantly! And of course, those reactions are pricelss!!

And yes, I think we all wish there was video of the Fabio 'incident'...

Can I briefly interrupt LSMPidgeonfest to say that this thing has one of the most incredible launch noises I've ever heard?

Seriously, I'd put it on par with the heavenly TTD hydraulic motor!

imo intamin's in general from Soaring With Dragon at Hefei Wanda to Taron at Phantasialand to this, their hydraulic launches, their launch noises are just delicious in general.