TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

After recent incidents it looks like park management have seen that the project fell short and they are slowly improving it. The first of many changes is the upgrade of the Intamin launcher with a 270º twist, just like its American cousins... For the updated version of the layout PA have had to temporarily remove two of the Ferrari shields from the structure. They are expected to be put up again once testing has resumed.

C0xL2yRWgAAml4v.jpg

Man, were they quick! Let's see those trains rolling again testing!

Source: CAPTE.org

If you fell for it, it's because today is Spain's equivalent of April's fool day!

After recent incidents it looks like park management have seen that the project fell short and they are slowly improving it. The first of many changes is the upgrade of the Intamin launcher with a 270º twist, just like its American cousins... For the updated version of the layout PA have had to temporarily remove two of the Ferrari shields from the structure. They are expected to be put up again once testing has resumed.

C0xL2yRWgAAml4v.jpg

If you fell for it, it's because today is Spain's equivalent of April's fool day!

That is one kick ass photoshop! Bravo

C0xL2yRWgAAml4v.jpg

That is one kick A$$ photoshop! Bravo

Still not as good as the RMC truck at Cedar Point

• 2 weeks later...
Today PortAventura posted a new official video update with coaster testing footage. They also said that the noise we were discussing about it's just stators and friction

[youtu_https://youtu.be/IP83QnBdJeI[/youtu_be]

Remove the s in https for that to work.

Today PortAventura posted a new official video update with coaster testing footage. They also said that the noise we were discussing about it's just stators and friction

[youtu_https://youtu.be/IP83QnBdJeI[/youtu_be]

Remove the s in https for that to work.

nope.

the s in https was/is not an issue.

it's the bbcode.

beginning and end have to be the same

youtu_be and /youtu_be

New video with more test! What do you think about this coaster? I admit that the coaster seems to be "small" in the video, but trust me, it is not! That is because from the point of view of the video you can see a big parking area which is empty. But the coaster itself is really impressing. Notice the two towers, they are "only" 60m tall!

I think this coaster will be a rush overall because the restraints. Also in the drop section it doesn't seems to be any "centrifugal force" that presses you against the seat, so maybe we will be feeling a nice airtime through most part of the drop

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I admit that the coaster seems to be "small" in the video

Everything seems to be "small" in the video because the person who shot it doesn't know how to hold a phone properly when shooting video.

As far as the coaster goes, I'm sure it'll be awesome. I'm thrilled to see another one of these being built.

Hey guys I had a question. As of now a relative of mine lives in Barcelona for half a year and my parents and I plan to take that opportunity to visit the city, off-coarse the big coaster geek that I am I plan to take that opportunity to visit PortAventura and Ferrari land. We haven't got a date yet but I plan to make it somewhere in April and I have my parents so far they allow me to visit the park, however this is just 1 day. So I guess you could see my question coming: Is that enough?

Also in the drop section it doesn't seems to be any "centrifugal force" that presses you against the seat

Do you feel pressed against the seat on TTD/KK?

I don't know, I've never been on! Which is the sensation on the roll? I've been on Stealth and (with no roll) that was an extreme ejector time the whole time!

Hey guys I had a question. As of now a relative of mine lives in Barcelona for half a year and my parents and I plan to take that opportunity to visit the city, off-coarse the big coaster geek that I am I plan to take that opportunity to visit PortAventura and Ferrari land. We haven't got a date yet but I plan to make it somewhere in April and I have my parents so far they allow me to visit the park, however this is just 1 day. So I guess you could see my question coming: Is that enough?

No If you really want to see shows + rides, 1 day is not enough. Plus with Ferrari Land.... and of course it depends on the queues... except you buy the super-mega-extra-extreme-premium Express for that single day.... I recommend you 2 days minimum to enjoy better!

BTW; some tests are being performed nowadays. As you can see, the back aileron and all F1 wheels are gone.

PAC

No If you really want to see shows + rides, 1 day is not enough. Plus with Ferrari Land.... and of course it depends on the queues... except you buy the super-mega-extra-extreme-premium Express for that single day.... I recommend you 2 days minimum to enjoy better!

As I thought. Giving some leverage here, if I skip the shows (My mom loves them I can't get warm or cold about them.) and skip the two kiddie coasters(like I always do.) Would that increase a better chance because I already know if I ask for a second day I get nothing.