TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

^About that first retrtacked bit on stampida: how were the laterals? You only mentioned them in the last part and I remember one of the things I found the most fun about the coaster were the laterals. I only rode it once but that one ride wasn't really rough. Not smooth, but not too rough at all. However, I'm glad they've been taking care of it as apparently it got quite shaky and uncomfortable.

Although the curves are more banked, they still have a bunch of laterals. The turnaround after the double up is pretty forceful (in terms of Lateral G's). I found the first part to be glassy smooth, but the second part is rough as hell and the last curve just kills you.

Yes, Stampida have the half of the track changed, the other part is old... The next year the Park will continue with the re-track...

In theory, the logic says that the next year will be finished, but in two years only did the first middle part...

Enviado desde mi Aquaris M5 mediante Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Some news about the project. The park (PortAventura) installed a scaled model of Ferrari Land with a countdown:

Seems like a new kiddie ride will be located inside a patio, it looks like a Zamperla Speed Race: http://www.zamperla.com/products/speedway/9

On the other side, the coaster has already all the big logos on it!

Additionally, the park also started uploading a webserie with the construction of the park. In this second episode the construction of the logos can be seen:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

After those photos this is the first time I have noticed that this coaster is not hydraulically launched. I'm curious to find out how the launch compares, force wise, to coasters like Top Thrill Dragster, and Kingda Ka.

I really like the look of this ride!

After those photos this is the first time I have noticed that this coaster is not hydraulically launched. I'm curious to find out how the launch compares, force wise, to coasters like Top Thrill Dragster, and Kingda Ka.

If I remember correct there will only be three cars on the train, so regarding the forces it will most likely be very similar. The only differences will probably be that this magnetic launch will loose some of the intensity toward the end of the launch compared to the hydraulic one who is pretty consistent all throughout the launch.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Never tried that style, but hope to soon.

Among the best trains in the market, if not the best. As comfortable as Mack, but with more freedom on the upper body.

And I thought the Mack ones were free! Free falling from this height with these restraints will be amazing.