TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Hi there WeldingEngineer! Can you give us a quick introduction about who you are and what is your work regarding this project, please? This sounds really interesting, I think we're all glad to count you on these boards!

And thanks for the pictures, my oh my this should have a NFSW tag! Naked trains sexyness!

I'm betting he may work for Stakotra Manufacturing, since that is a photo from the Factory.

So have there been any reports on furius baco? How is it? Have they done anything? Are some seats still closed?

I haven't ridden it myself yet (still a few more weeks till that), but from what I've read on some Spanish fan pages, it's better than it was at the end of last season, but it's still really bad and people can see it getting back into that state in the next 2 or 3 months. All the seats are back open though (for now).

So have there been any reports on furius baco? How is it? Have they done anything? Are some seats still closed?

I haven't ridden it myself yet (still a few more weeks till that), but from what I've read on some Spanish fan pages, it's better than it was at the end of last season, but it's still really bad and people can see it getting back into that state in the next 2 or 3 months. All the seats are back open though (for now).

If they had seats blocked off last fall, that are now open, perhaps explains why there were at least 2 Frames/Chassis back at the Stakotra.

Some photos from PA-Community inside the park. Does anyone know about Stampida, is it operating and retracking completed?

Retrack is a little part this year. Only the helix of 270°. But in red is fixed the major parts that did hurt. In blue, is less smooth than red.

• 3 weeks later...
They might not have tightened the bolts at the time the photo was taken. Torque checking all the bolts doesn't always happen immediately during erection.

That is what many assumed, until this week, when the support in question was removed:

image_1770.jpeg

They might not have tightened the bolts at the time the photo was taken. Torque checking all the bolts doesn't always happen immediately during erection.

That is what many assumed, until this week, when the support in question was removed:

image_1770.jpeg

Now I understand. If there is an alignment issue, it's not hard to correct in the field. I wouldn't be surprised if they weld in an extension to that column, as that seems like the easiest solution, but they'll still have to drill a hole in the column to check the weldments.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm... Interesting... Another construction/plan "FAIL"?

This happens a lot more than you'd think on coaster constructions. I know of companies that had to ship truck loads of shims because of tolerances being out of whack during installation. Usually, a column coming up short is 100% more manageable than a column being too long (cutting and re-welding in the field is a PITA). It's pretty common that your column will come up short by a few millimeters. If there is still a gap after they torque the bolts, the erector will put a shim in that make up the gap. But by the looks of that gap, they are probably re-fabricating the spool. I'm pretty sure there's only so much space you can make up with shims from a structural stand point, and that gap looks pretty big.

• 2 weeks later...

Today a big crane has been seen today. Seems they are prepearing the installation for the Ferrari logos in the tower.

Welcome to Six Flags Salou!

Do you like this strange structure? I think they designed in the way it can have attached future drop tower without further structural modifications, like happened in KingdaKa.

The missing supports!

I think this was already posted but it is so great, you can see in detail the drop!

PAC

Do you like this strange structure? I think they designed in the way it can have attached future drop tower without further structural modifications, like happened in KingdaKa.

Early concept art shows they had plans for Zumanjaro-style drop cars attached to the tower before they were replaced by two S&S shot towers.

Isn't that just the elevator up to the top hat that TTD and Kinda Ka have?