TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

I thought the whole purpose of the twist on TTD was to create forces to keep you in your seat having the lap bar only. I find the drop on Millennium Force much more thrilling than on TTD. Its just a blur on TTD with that twist. I fully support the drop on this coaster, just notso sure about the track following it.

I thought the whole purpose of the twist on TTD was to create forces to keep you in your seat having the lap bar only. I find the drop on Millennium Force much more thrilling than on TTD. Its just a blur on TTD with that twist. I fully support the drop on this coaster, just notso sure about the track following it.

I completely agree! The twist on TTD makes the drop seem so much shorter. I'm totally down for a straight free fall drop.

I don't think we've heard any reports on what Flying Aces restraints are like yet, and whether they are improved from Skyrush. If they are improved, I'd gladly take them for the giga as well as on new trains for FB please.

I find it odd how only the chassis of the train has been delivered.

Trains are starting to run thru the track. It seems like they are first testing them with ropes attached to the trains and to the track to be sure that the safety envelopes are OK. You can see the train running (only chassis and two cars only) thru the end of the drop in this photo by PAC:

12809695_1093904223963870_6220712180791614575_n.png.9d632a247735c9378b718d2afa388831.png

The double spine track looks very pretty

I don't understand what part of this ride even requires them to test the safety envelopes - there are never supports next to or above the track?

This is what makes roller coasters the safest things on the planet.

Preach! Lets not question the experts. When you skip safety precautions, that exactly how people die.

The pull through test is not only about testing clearance. In fact, there is no clearance envelope here.

This test is also to verify if the track pieces are well-aligned and have no defaults ; to see if the brakes, tires and all the mechanisms are in place and align with the underside of the train, etc.

With the opening day coming I wonder what will be/has been done to furius baco given that it was apparently getting pretty bad.

Given they were closing off certain seats towards the end of the year makes me hope they've done something especially since Intamin is currently working with the park for this new coaster, even though I'm doubtful