TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

^^Indeed! It looked great.

I just can't seem to get excited about this coaster. I gues I'm just bummed out that this one won't have the twist while going down.

While I'm definitely exited we're getting such a tall coaster in Europe I can sort of relate to what you're feeling. I guess it was a series of small disappointments from the lack of an airtime hill (which the first concepts clearly showed), the not so impressive acceleration (compared to their accelerator coasters) and now the twist. We all know this is how things work but it's like they found the cheapest possible way to build such a ride of this size. I'm slightly concerned about the capacity and I mean, even if the LSM launch requires small trains they should have got more than three.

The truth is in the end I'll still be visiting the park and probably have a good time.

I actually like the look of the drop sans-270 spiral. I know that the drops on Ka and TTD look insane and add one more valuable talking point to such short rides, but I also think that both drops feel somewhat busy. I've always been interested in how the sense of scale would change on the way down given a more direct, graceful drop with this kind of coaster. Time will tell!

*Also, the track shape and tower gives the impression of the RCT Intamin rocket coasters that I would initially recreate with the LIM/Premier looper in the game. It's uncanny!

I actually like the look of the drop sans-270 spiral. I know that the drops on Ka and TTD look insane and add one more valuable talking point to such short rides, but I also think that both drops feel somewhat busy. I've always been interested in how the sense of scale would change on the way down given a more direct, graceful drop with this kind of coaster. Time will tell!

Agreed 100%, especially the point about the twists making the drops feel busy. The straight down drop is the most interesting aspect of this coaster for me.

Take a look to this amazing official video from the installation of the tallest element!! Make sure you see it full screen!!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

That was by far the best coaster construction video I have ever seen!

Take a look to this amazing official video from the installation of the tallest element!! Make sure you see it full screen!!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

That was by far the best coaster construction video I have ever seen!

Same. I also like Port Aventura's new shambhala video. Those helicopter shots...

Agreed 100%, especially the point about the twists making the drops feel busy. The straight down drop is the most interesting aspect of this coaster for me.

I'm also interested to see how it feels without the twist (even though I would rather have one given that, as mentioned, it adds something to really short rides)

I don't understand what are you talking about. This new strata coaster actually doesn't feature any "tallest" vertical drop.

In KK and TTD the drop are in a twist, is not vertical. Are not any drop with a long track in 90° of 110-108 meters.

That makes no sense at all. Both Ka and TTD feature 90° Drops. Even if there is a twist it doesn't mean it's not 90°.

I don't understand what are you talking about. This new strata coaster actually doesn't feature any "tallest" vertical drop.

In KK and TTD the drop are in a twist, is not vertical. Are not any drop with a long track in 90° of 110-108 meters.

They're definitely vertical drops, 90 degrees straight down while twisting.

Now the full tower has been finished, it looks fantastic.

Finished? I think they haven't installed last piece yet... But i'm not sure.

And a new photo which shows the main building from race track. That is bigger than i thought.

image.thumb.jpeg.a9a70c34f840eb3bc6202650501a558b.jpeg