TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

I wonder if the coaster will have a 270 degree twist on the way down like TTD and KK or if isn't tall enough and then will only have a normal 90º twist). I can't really tell from those images

Also, I hope it has lap bars only.

Me too, but maybe only the once. I do normally stay on site though, so hope that this would be included in the cost of the hotel.

This. Everytime I've gone to PA I've stayed on site for at least 3 days, I really hope this is included with the hotels, I don't fancy paying for such few attractions but wouldn't mind popping in and out each day, that way it would just seem like another land rather than a separate park for hotel guests.

Have to say, I'm really excited to see the coaster on the Skyline though, PA already has a very impressive skyline.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the fact we can another high speeds coaster in Europe. However the launch (converted to meters per second) is not that powerful at all. Here are some random coasters so you can compare. Furious Baco has a more intense launch.

1) Dodonpa

2) Ring Racer

3) Formula Rossa

4) Kingda Ka

5) Top Thrill Dragstar

6) Furious Baco

7) Ferrari Land

8) Xpress

9) Superman Escape from Krypton

Still looking forward to this new park.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the fact we can another high speeds coaster in Europe. However the launch (converted to meters per second) is not that powerful at all. Here are some random coasters so you can compare. Furious Baco has a more intense launch.

1) Dodonpa

2) Ring Racer

3) Formula Rossa

4) Kingda Ka

5) Top Thrill Dragstar

6) Furious Baco

7) Ferrari Land

8) Xpress

9) Superman Escape from Krypton

Still looking forward to this new park.

Formula Rossa 240 km/h -> 66.6 m/s

Kingda Ka, 206 km/h -> 57.22 m/s

Ferrari Land, 180 km/h -> 50 m/s

Dodonpa 172 km/h -> 47.7 m/s

Superman, The escape 169 km/h -> 46.94 m/s

Furius Baco, 130 km/h -> 36.11 m/s

Stealth 129 km/h -> 35.38 m/s

iSpeed 100 km/h -> 27.77 m/s

Rock'n'Roller Coaster 91,7 km/h -> 25.47 m/s

(meters per second/seconds of aceleration= aceleration)

1. Dodonpa (47.7/1.8 ) = 26.5 m/s²

2. Stealth (36/1.9) = 18.64 m/s²

3. Formula Rossa(66.6/4) = 16.65 m/s²

4. Kingda Ka (57/3.5) = 16.28 m/s²

5. iSpeed (27.77/2.2) = 12.66 m/s²

6. Furius Baco (36/3) = 12 m/s²

7. Ferrari Land (50/5) = 10 m/s²

8. Rock'n'Roller Coaster (25.47/2.8 ) = 9,09 m/s²

9. Superman (45/7) = 6.42 m/s²

If taron (at Phantasialand) really has such a powerful launch as I've been hearing (like 1.8 Gs) I find it a bit odd that this will be "only" 1 G. But there is one thing, though, all these calculations we make are based on the time it takes to hit a certain speed and that speed so what we're getting are the average accelerations. Most coasters don't have a constant acceleration and perhaps this will have a strong kick in the beginning but then as the speed increases (and so does drag) the acceleration is reduced.

^Last time I rode it was on opening day 2014 and I did ride in the back outside seat. I thought I was going to die (having ridden it before in other seats) but it actually wasn't bad. It's a shame to see it's got like this.

That train must be such a nightmare to maintain. With everything cantilevered out to the side there's a lot of forces even if it were the smoothest coaster in the world, but I guess every vibration is amplified and it's alarming how the train is basically zig-zagging along the track there! I seem to have a lot higher pain tolerance than a lot of members here (maybe it's my size, I'm tiny?) but FB was such a weird sensation and really uncomfortable to the point my vision went really weird on the brake run.

I remember riding it at the start of the season last year, and I don't really remember it being too bad (still rough, but not as rough as it has been), though I imagine that was down to it only recently opening.

With the fact they were closing seats on the train towards the end of last year, I would have throught they had maybe tried to hold out till the end of the year to get new trains (Ideally skyrush style ones), but given they have these new promo videos going out with the old train gives me less faith that could happen.

If taron (at Phantasialand) really has such a powerful launch as I've been hearing (like 1.8 Gs) I find it a bit odd that this will be "only" 1 G. But there is one thing, though, all these calculations we make are based on the time it takes to hit a certain speed and that speed so what we're getting are the average accelerations. Most coasters don't have a constant acceleration and perhaps this will have a strong kick in the beginning but then as the speed increases (and so does drag) the acceleration is reduced.

You've got a valid point there.

That train must be such a nightmare to maintain. With everything cantilevered out to the side there's a lot of forces even if it were the smoothest coaster in the world, but I guess every vibration is amplified and it's alarming how the train is basically zig-zagging along the track there! I seem to have a lot higher pain tolerance than a lot of members here (maybe it's my size, I'm tiny?) but FB was such a weird sensation and really uncomfortable to the point my vision went really weird on the brake run.

One of the characteristics of Furius Baco is that the wheels that are more important is not the big wheels that are in up of rail. The wheels of the lateral and down of the rail do a big work and is more little that the up wheels..

This is a basically example:

Furius_baco.jpg

I remember riding it at the start of the season last year, and I don't really remember it being too bad (still rough, but not as rough as it has been), though I imagine that was down to it only recently opening.

With the fact they were closing seats on the train towards the end of last year, I would have throught they had maybe tried to hold out till the end of the year to get new trains (Ideally skyrush style ones), but given they have these new promo videos going out with the old train gives me less faith that could happen.

Those were my thoughts too. Isn't it a bit of a waste of money (maybe) to keep trying to fix these rather than getting new ones. I'd imagine intamin would be capable of more advanced (and better) trains now even if the coasters isn't exactly old.