TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

If only they addressed issues like Baco and Stanpida's roughness... I'd be happy already. This being said port aventura is still my favorite European holiday destination, especially with the kids growing and the parks location. There is so much to do around here... I'll be back in 2016 and you know why

^So will I. Being honest, I would rather have DK's MCBR "fixed" than FB roughness improving at all. (that's how much I love the ride!)

About Stampida: I rode it this year for the first time and was really really surprised by how "non-rough" it was. Sure, it wasn't smooth, but I didn't find it bad at all. (maybe that's because I only rode it in the front)

Well, being at the El Paso, and for quite a long duration (ten days with the family) , I have the express pass, so I haven't really " enjoyed " long lines, since most of the time, coasters are a walk on with it. Haven't noticed any stagging on the first three days, but admittedly, I go and ride the coasters at night with my son while the girlies go back to the hotel (my girlfriend hates coasters and my daughter is only six) .

Is your family going to any of the shows since you are there for so long? I would love to hear your opinion's of the shows. There are so many at the park and they are rarely talked about on the forums.

Edited by larrygator

^ will do if you wish. I just come back to the hotel very late and am a bit lazy at ight but I'm sure I'll find a moment to give some impressions about the shows. I may do that for food too if you wish. if you have already seen Fiestaventura, you know what it is. It is unchanged since at least 2012 but is still as impressive as in the past. Love it !

^ will do if you wish. I just come back to the hotel very late and am a bit lazy at ight but I'm sure I'll find a moment to give some impressions about the shows. I may do that for food too if you wish. if you have already seen Fiestaventura, you know what it is. It is unchanged since at least 2012 but is still as impressive as in the past. Love it !

No rush, whenever you get a chance it would be nice to read about. The only shows I caught were a Wild West comedy show, part of a Chinese acrobat show and the night time fireworks show/boat parade .

For food, I remember getting amazing croquettas in the Mediterranean area. Authentic and excellent Mexican food in the Mexico area. Okay Chinese food in Polynesia.

About Stampida: I rode it this year for the first time and was really really surprised by how "non-rough" it was. Sure, it wasn't smooth, but I didn't find it bad at all. (maybe that's because I only rode it in the front)

The problem I had with Stampida was just how odd the trains are... It's like sitting on a separated park bench! (I have only ever ridden it once, in the middle... I felt no more rides on it were needed, lol.) Though I must ride it in the front sometime to get another opinion.

^Even in the front? Wow, I must have been really lucky. Honestly (and please don't kill me), taking into account that I haven't ridden any of the "top woodies" (el toro, RMCs, voyage,...) based on that one ride that I got I would rank it just as high as lightning racer (which is the wooden coaster I've ridden with the best position in the MH poll). It was just a fun ride (despite the odd seating).

^ I thought the official announcement was enough of a confirmation.

It probabbly was, wanted a sentence to go with the pictures, but wans't kind of inspired.

Well, let's just say that it was an excuse for posting the sign pics.

^Me too. They said it would reach nearly 200 km/h and be over 100 m tall. I thought that was a bit odd as TTD reaches 193 km/h and is 130 m tall which means that either the ride is well over 100 m tall, or in order to be "just" over 100 it would have to be slower than 190 km/h, which I wouldn't consider nearly 200.

I wonder what is more expensive. Build a clone of ttd's tower or build one that is just slightly shorter, considering all calculations would then have to be redone from scratch...now I know the concept art feature the "kk" hill, but that requires less engineering than the tower itself

^I would really like it to be as tall as TTD (and KK would be great) as I remember saying after riding those: there will never be a coaster like this in Europe. What I'm afraid of is that the launch with all the wind doesn't feel as intense because I did notice the difference between TTD and KK due to how hard the wind blew in your face. So I fear that any "slower" than that and it won't quite be the same.

• 3 weeks later...

I know there is already a thread for it, but as the complex is related with the park, I'll quote myself...

BCN WORLD:

First look at the project, I hope it gets reduced...:

Spanish Website: PAC

If it ends up built like this, it will be visible from a lot of places inside of PA... Hope it gets reduced, too huge for me.

from EAS Amsterdam"]Según Choni Fernandez Ferrari Land será un área más del parque que estará integrada en Mediterrànea ya que Italia forma parte #EAS14

TRANSLATION [handmade]:

According to Choni Fernandez, Ferrari Land will be one more area of the park that will be integrated into Mediterrànea since Italy is part of it # EAS14

Choni Fernandez is PortAventura's Purchasing and Logistics Directress.

Hope this is an error, I wouldn' t like another cultural incongruity...

^Will that mean no separate tickets?

We're speaking of InvestIndustrial, I doubt that a lot (and it's true that it wouldn't have any sense to make the thrid park free to enter), so I hope that was a misunderstanding...

As far as I know, a while since the park opened [Anheuser Busch] , Mediterránea was called Catalunya, but the name was changed for political reasons. Although, the small catalonian village essence is still there, so that would be senseless...