TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Because the southern carpark is PA's main carpark for the high season, I can't imagine it will be it's own separate area. I reckon they will try to incorporate some sort of transition into it from the Mediterranean part of the park.

Judging by the art, it looks like the hotel is going to be about here

I mean, they can build and design what ever they want to connect it to the main park. I just don't see it happening though cause the hotel and Baco are in the way. They would have to make a path that cuts through the area between the hotel and Baco and enter the new area area the back. Which they can totally do, I dont don't think it will.

The other option would be to go around the other side of the hotel with a path, which seems easier.

But judging by the concept art, it seems the entrance is on the opposite side.

The red area is the entrance to Hotel PortAventura from PortAventura Park, the yellow area is where the entrance to the Ferrari themed area looks to be (the hotel building with a hole in it can be seen to the left of the concept art showing the entrance). The only thing I think they could do is remove the tennis court (which appears to be abandoned for the most part since there is nothing directly connecting it from the hotel) and add a path way around the edge of the hotel.

edit: updated image

Untitled22.thumb.jpg.992bfcaa35a53db79e93c5b942b70d03.jpg

Because the southern carpark is PA's main carpark for the high season, I can't imagine it will be it's own separate area. I reckon they will try to incorporate some sort of transition into it from the Mediterranean part of the park.

Judging by the art, it looks like the hotel is going to be about here

I mean, they can build and design what ever they want to connect it to the main park. I just don't see it happening though cause the hotel and Baco are in the way. They would have to make a path that cuts through the area between the hotel and Baco and enter the new area area the back. Which they can totally do, I dont don't think it will.

The other option would be to go around the other side of the hotel with a path, which seems easier.

But judging by the concept art, it seems the entrance is on the opposite side.

The red area is the entrance to Hotel PortAventura from PortAventura Park, the yellow area is where the entrance to the Ferrari themed area looks to be (the hotel building with a hole in it can be seen to the left of the concept art showing the entrance). The only thing I think they could do is remove the tennis court (which appears to be abandoned for the most part since there is nothing directly connecting it from the hotel) and add a path way around the edge of the hotel.

edit: updated image

Ok, I didnt realize that was "park area" in those buildings. I thouhgt it was all hotel. That could work too. We'll have to wait and see.

I'd be interested to see a version of the accelerator that is in the 300' spectrum. It might allow for the use of LSMs instead of a cable launch, and could prove to be a more efficient iteration of the ride. Either way, this combined with the newer lapbar design should be awesome! Really cool addition to an already epic park.

A launch of that magnitude wouldn't be efficient to use. Magnetic launches still tops out on around 120 km/h or 75 mph in order to be feasible.

"vertical accelerator" seems an odd name for marketing, why not just call it Europe's tallest and fastest roller coaster? the drop tower looks interesting but I wonder if it may be an observation tower as the park already has hurakan condor so doest really need another drop tower.

Either way it looks great and if I'm still in Europe in 2016 will definitely make a fun visit.

This announcement is just incredible! Besides the coaster, drop tower, and go-carts, does there appear to be anymore rides?

"vertical accelerator" seems an odd name for marketing, why not just call it Europe's tallest and fastest roller coaster? the drop tower looks interesting but I wonder if it may be an observation tower as the park already has hurakan condor so doest really need another drop tower.

Either way it looks great and if I'm still in Europe in 2016 will definitely make a fun visit.

Making the drop tower to be just an observation tower seems like a giant waste of potential. I would guess that the people who would like an observation tower, would probably be intimidated with the OTSRs and dangling legs.

^Maybe just for capacity ? Hurrakan Condor is one of the only major rides there which is not included in the Express pass, and queues tend to be long in the summer time. I'm in a state you cannot imagine at reading this. Those who know me also know the limitless love I have for Khan, I found Shambhala to be excellent, and not forceless at all, Baco is a beast of intensity, and now this ? I'm spoilt !!! Now, an RMC or intamin plug and play and I'm moving to Salou...

Sounds like most people are looking too much on the images and skipping this part on the press release:

Europe’s highest and fastest vertical accelerator.

It just needs to be 206 ft tall to beat Stealth at Thorpe to achieve this, nothing more. So in the end it may not even be the tallest coaster in the park.

We just have to wait and see what we end up with.

Based on this announcement, is anyone making this comparison? Ferrari Land vs Ferrari World?

Yeah this is exactly what I thought of too. Except in this case, it's the opposite of the Mario games since Ferrari Land is being created after Ferrari World.

The whole area definitely looks awesome and just based off the picture, I'm gonna estimate that the coaster will be in the 350-400ft range.

Sounds like most people are looking too much on the images and skipping this part on the press release:

It just needs to be 206 ft tall to beat Stealth at Thorpe to achieve this, nothing more. So in the end it may not even be the tallest coaster in the park.

I realise that, but given the support structure, I'm willing to bet it's going to be quite a fair bit taller.

I realise that, but given the support structure, I'm willing to bet it's going to be quite a fair bit taller.

Ready to take the bets. I do not see Port Aventura breaking their tradition of "going BIG" with such a project, especially with drop towers attached to it...

^The more I look, the stranger it becomes. I mean, it has the support structure of a tall accelerator, but then again, it also has a drop tower attached to it, and it doesn't have the additional bracing supports that Kingda Ka has for Zumanjaro (and I can't see them being added on if this coaster has that cloak thing on it), but that could just be because Intamin have improved on their supports since then.

Edited by Projektion

^The more I look, the stranger it becomes. I mean, it has the support structure of a tall accelerator, but then again, it also has a drop tower attached to it, and it doesn't have the additional bracing supports that Kingda Ka has for Zumanjaro (and I can't seem them being added on if this coaster has that cloak thing on it), but that could just be because Intamin have improved on their supports since then.

Guys, remember, you are looking at CONCEPT ART

I guarantee you the artist was just given a picture of Kingda Ka and was told "draw something that looks like that."

Let me remind everyone how misleading concept art can be sometimes...

If it does turn out to be a Kingda Klone of sorts, which is obviously unconfirmed, then I'm hoping that design advances will make it a better experience. And I like Kingda Ka to begin with (and love the three superior Accelerators I've ridden, as well). For one, it will be interesting to ride one with different restraints, hopefully the expected lap bars.

I seriously hope they go pretty tall with this one and not just one meter taller than stealth. The thing is, with a such a short ride (like KK) which is just a one trick pony, it has to be a strong trick and so I don't think a ride like stealth is reasonable in terms of what you get for a ride. KK and TTD may be very short but they do pack a very good punch due to their acceleration, speed and height. So I would really like to see something big (although now I know not as big as KK )

By the way, how much did KK or TTD cost?

just throwing out some more wild speculation, the race track appears to have sets of 2 cars racing each other, maybe it'll be like the pixar cars ride or even a drifting coaster... would certainly fit the Ferrari theme, although the cars appear to be f1 style