TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

According to a website for trademarks, PortAventura just registered "Erawan". Since the park does not give any details whatsoever on the 2014 ride, we can only hope that this clue leads to the official name. The name refers to a Thai elephant that had many heads (from 3 to 33) but also to a lost kingdom in Laos with many waterfalls (this would make sense if water is the ceterpiece of the ride).

Also, now that the park is closed until April, updates will be scarce. Hopefully, the park will post some pictures and details because they are being overly secretive over the new ride.

This is the last picture, taken on January 5th by VideoReviewParks:

1555285_692221067489416_1636341482_n.jpg

I remember reading on a blog somewhere that the park was going to be opening a bit later than usual around about mid April, instead of mid March, but then again, PA community have got a page saying that they are going to be opening mid March.

To be honest, it's a bit up in the air at the moment, but I imagine the park will be doing their announcements for next season (new ride, opening hours) over the coming weeks since they are closing for 3 months.

According to a website for trademarks, PortAventura just registered "Erawan". Since the park does not give any details whatsoever on the 2014 ride, we can only hope that this clue leads to the official name. The name refers to a Thai elephant that had many heads (from 3 to 33) but also to a lost kingdom in Laos with many waterfalls (this would make sense if water is the ceterpiece of the ride).

I looked back to see if this was the park that I half-jokingly hoped was getting an elephant-themed ride. Guess not. But it sounds like this name provides for some interesting theming possibilities!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have just a quick question regarding Portaventura. Me and a few friends are going to Salou for a weeks holiday in the first week of June and are visiting the park while we are there. Has anyone on this site been to the park around that time and if so, how busy on average is it? Just trying to work out whether it would be better to spend one or two days there.

Hi, I have just a quick question regarding Portaventura. Me and a few friends are going to Salou for a weeks holiday in the first week of June and are visiting the park while we are there. Has anyone on this site been to the park around that time and if so, how busy on average is it? Just trying to work out whether it would be better to spend one or two days there.

As long as you avoid the weekends, you should be fine (I'd say about 30 - 45 mins wait on most rides compared to say 1,5 - 3 hour waits on weekends).

We visited PA last year, beginning of June. It wasn't like in July/August, but the park was quite packed for school weekdays. 30 minutes to 1 hour for the big rides was an average on the weekdays we were there. 90 to 120 minutes on the Saturday we were in the park. I can only recommend to get an express pass. You will be able to ride everything multiple times in 1 day. Without express pass, you will need two days to do the same and most of the time you will spend waiting.

According to people that went to FITUR (Madrid's tourism trade show), where Spanish parks tend to show their new attractions, PortAventura has presented their 2014 ride.

Splash battle it is then. The ride is billed as the longest splash battle in the world with a layout of 300 metres. The title "Aventura en el Reino Perdido" (translated "Adventure in the Lost Kingdom") seems quite generic. Hopefully, it won't be the final name of the ride, and just an addition to "Erawan", just like "Expedition to the Himalayas" was an addition to "Shambhala".

Pictures:

1601205_584511158285801_399904572_n.jpg

1530537_621499231219951_1406834054_n.jpg

Source of the pictures: ElBlogdeDream

Yay. Not.

^Hopefully, yes, because the park started construction quite a few months ago. They still have four months to go, which, IMO, is more than enough time to complete themeing and test the ride.

Update:

The ride's name will be "Angkor - Aventura en el Reino Perdido" and will be themed to Cambodia.

Some specs:

- Manufacturer: Mack rides

- Ride time: 10 minutes

- Boats: 14 boats (sitting 8 people)

- Capacity: 726 pph

Bel732tCMAA6sgT.jpg:large

See the reminiscence?

Some more artworks:

Source: ChannelParks.com

Edited by oriolat

^Angkor? Well, at least it's not just Aventura en el Reino Perdido.

^^I don't think their has been any delays yet, but there's still another 3 months left yet. It's advertised to open on the 11th and I'm there on the 14th. I'll be able to experience my first Splash Battle.

The ride's name will be "Angkor - Aventura en el Reino Perdido" and will be themed to Cambodia.

¨

Awesome!

I really love Cambodia and it's ancient culture! I'm really surprised that more parks have not used it as a theming.

• 4 weeks later...

By the way, I've just realised that they added, last year, these evil looking contraptions to FB's restraints.

hqdefault.jpg.a5f0130152dd4cafe13c33adf21b7cd2.jpg

Now, seriously, we know furius baco isn't exactly smooth so WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING when they decided to add these????

Its looks like something designed on purpose to make headbanging worse....