TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

When did the volcano get scrapped?

Most likely when they realized what it woud cost to build.

As awesome as it looked, I doubt it would have payed itself back.

I'm a little bummed that there's no theming at all on the towers, the concept art showed at least some.

Slides looks awesome. Hopefully I can go in summer 2014 to test Shambhala and this two slides for the very first time. Have they said they will ad some theming to the tower in the future ore...?

PortAventura told that they're still working in the design of some theming elements that would be added gradually

PortAventura ‏@Portaventura_ES 6 may

@nachobas1 Se está trabajando en el diseño de elementos de tematización que se iran incorporando progresivamente

• 2 weeks later...
Finally - a park builds a speed slide that DOESN'T start with a trap door.

I like the trap door on a speed slide. It adds a thrill element and at the same time relieves the moments of stress I endure the moments before going down by having someone else pull the lever for me.

These slides look like cookie cutter of slides added in many decent water parks, maybe a bit higher, but nothing innovative. Those straight down slides look massive and intimidating, but how fun are they to ride actually? That red slide with the humps next to it and the racers slides they are adding will be far more fun to ride. Nonetheless, I'm glad PA's Costa Caribe Park Aquatic (or whatever they call it now) is finally adding something after all these years, but it isn't going to be enough to get me to return to their water park the next time I'm in Spain (I visit every 3-5 years as I have relatives in the Barcelona area). I just wish they would have added a master blaster / water coaster or something more innovative, but at least they are adding something.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week we visited Port Aventura.

After getting blue stained all over from the speedslide and Twin Peaks at the waterpark of Movieland in Italy 2 years ago, I didn't dare to ride the speedslide at Port Aventura. It 'looks' less brutal as the one at Movieland, but that's just my optical opinion. I rode the red slide though, and that was really enjoyable. Keep in mind, I'm really not a fan of waterpark slides because I'm afraid getting hurt, so me saying I thought the slide was enjoyable, probably means to most of you that it is a tame ride.

The waterpark more or less expanded by a 100 % with the new slides and pools, so that's certainly a good thing. The new slides are ok, and adverting they have the highest speed slide of Europe will attract some more visitors, but most Europeans have seen a speed slide by now, but what we don't see that much in Europe are the bowl slides or Tornado's or what are the names of all those huge slides in the US waterparks, or the giant master blaster things like in Holiday Park, THOSE would attract people in my opinion.

Still, I like the expansion of the park, but it still needs at least one 'big' slide.

Shambhala : WOW what a coaster. I didn't know much about the coaster. i didn't even see a POV of the ride before. I was absolutely blown away by the ride. The first drop into the tunnel is really steep and gives already a lot of airtime. Every following hill gives airtime from the top till bottom. The speed hill in between is really good. The figure 8 turn is very original. Only point I think could have been better, is the water part. Sure, it's a nice photo point for non-riders, but it doesn't add anything to ride itself.

it's still very fresh, but being a fan of smooth rides, at this moment I'm placing Shambhala on the nr 1 position of all coasters I've ridden, in front of El Toro, The Voyage,... and the 7 steel coasters I've ridden in Mitch Hawker's steel poll top 10. As said, it's still fresh, maybe in a few weeks, I will be more down to earth again. I'm going to ride EGF during summer. We'll talk again after riding EGF

• 2 weeks later...

Look how the person on the slide is positioned...that can't be good????

Rules are explained once you reach the top of the building and before riding King Khajuna, but there is always some people that may refuse to follow or just feel scary enough to forget them in middle of the drop!

PortAventura started their "White Night" event for summer, some days the park will close at 4 am, with extra time to enjoy rides, more shows and additional fun with special street acts (live orchestra music, flamenco, foam party, dj's and so on ...).

Here is a little video I recorded of the first White Night in may.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av7b5qtNUVk

White Night's for 2013 are scheduled with blue background in this calendar:

• 2 weeks later...

He would be better to open his park all the way from the planned 10 hours and not at 12 instead of selling sweet talk. On many days, Port aventura refuses to open three quarters of the park for two hours while the park is open and reduce their capacity on busy days... and that is particularly annoying when it's indeed busy. They have so disgusting systems in order to sell their "express pass" at maximum prices. Port Aventura would be so great if they didn't had this distasteful and extremely poor customer unfriendly management.

Is it just me or is furius baco a really rough ride. It was one of the very few rides I've been on where I actually felt as of the train was out of control.

Yeeehaaaa! ! The more scary feeling!

Out of control, I do not know. But the first time I ride it, I thought it was very rough. Almost uncomfortable.

But after a while (a few times), I got a good connection with the beast. : br

• 2 weeks later...