TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Few things I think I noticed.

Bit more speed over hills than typical. Also, they didnt seem to get any trim at the MCB at all. Also, the splashdown has a double effect? Its like Manta splash plus diamondback. Im anxious to see offride footage of that now.

All I have to say is wow! I usually don't say that about seeing a POV of a B&M Hyper (Leviathan included). Also, there is only 1 trim and the MCBR has no braking. I can see those air-time hills having floater-ejector air-time. This is starting to look like an Intamin hyper in terms of how quickly it goes through elements. A job well done B&M! Now I just hope B&M continues doing hypers like this.

Fake splash downs on rides like Manta and Shambhala where you have a wall of water in front of/around you = awesome.

Trailing splash downs on rides like Sheikra, Griffon, Diamondback, Krake, etc., where you just have a stream of water behind you = pointless.

Depends what side you are on. From a rider, yes its pointless. From a watcher, not pointless at all. I do wish most parks would integrate the splash into a "splash zone" but it seems only a few have done this. But I love the huge rooster tail it creates. Makes for awesome photo ops.

So combining the two (if it still does that) is best of both worlds.

EDIT - Saw Hanno's picture, I wish it were doing both. Now Im a bit disappointed. Mainly because if that ever malfunctions, now you get nothing. At least the water scoops - unless they break off, guarantee a show each time.

But long as its up, still pretty sweet.

Edited by Real

I take back what I said...this is more like Spanish Goliath not Diamondback! This ride looks like a great airtime machine. Are we seeing more hyper coasters with the mini speed hill, and are they effective? (Similar mini hill on Leviathan)

I'm glad to see more B&M's recently (Ozirus, Shambala, Leviathan, Hairraiser, etc) putting the block brake NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RIDE (excuse my lack of theme park language) or wherever the train comes to a pretty much stop. I really really hate how Diamondback's midcourse brakes not necessarily kill the 2nd half of the ride, but they really take away from how insane the first half of the ride is.

This is starting to look like an Intamin hyper in terms of how quickly it goes through elements.

No, just no. It seems like a regular B&M hyper.

^This...Not saying anything wrong with it but I agree I see nothing more here then a regular B&M hyper , the layout and elements looks great but the speed and forces seam pretty much in line with all their other hypers imo.

Knowing Hanno's skills at shooting pictures, I hope (and assume) he took plenty of pics of Dragon Khan from once unaccessible areas. I mean, my baby Khan has always been very photogenic from the Great Wall of China, although it was hard to get different views in the park. I like the idea of walking directly underneath this massive looper and now get unrestricted views of it's first drop and huge vertical loop...

I was at the park today as well and rode Shambhala 5 times. I must say I am pretty impressed with what PA have done with the area and Khan. As for Shambhala itself, the ride delivers airtime (most noticeable hill before the MCBR and speed hill) and some funky forces/disorienting sensation through the ampersand turn.

I will post some photos later!