TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

The chain sped up a lot at the end of the lift, although it slowed down before the train completed the crest. I wonder if they're going to try to speed up the lift at the end. It does look very slow even for a B&M, but it'll probably be broken in as the season progresses.

Here is an interview with PortAventura's development manager, Luis Valencia

Unfourtainly, the interview is only in spanish, but he says some interesting things, such as one of the targets of Shambhala is to allow guests to be as close as possible to the ride, as other similar rides are not so close.

^funny you mention this because that's EXACTLY something i wondered: I also find it a bit sluggish on the video (and if even the B&M fanboy I am says so, it must be, LOL) so I wondered if Leviathan's first runs had also been slower than on later tests. So in a nutshell, can we really expect Shamby to run faster ? is it feasible and is it really usual to have first tests slower than the actual potential speed the ride can reach ? If anyone is familiar with the subject, I'm all ears (and eyes to read) your replies. Thanks a lot !

The second test video alone is taken at a faster speed than the first one. The give away is the turn around. In the first video, it crawled so slowly, there appeared to be some massive laterals at the top, but with it being so heavily banked, its certainly designed to be taken at faster speeds. Its getting there, but I still don't think the ride is at top speed yet.

The second test video alone is taken at a faster speed than the first one. The give away is the turn around. In the first video, it crawled so slowly, there appeared to be some massive laterals at the top, but with it being so heavily banked, its certainly designed to be taken at faster speeds. Its getting there, but I still don't think the ride is at top speed yet.

As stated (or rather asked) before... this coaster might run faster in the coming weeks, depending on break in , wheels, lift speed (although not that much i guess) . I'll ask again: has Leviathan seen consistent speed increase compared to the very first test rides ?

^Thanks for the info. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and what you have just written gives me hope. OK, I don't expect it to be the new Expedition Geforce, but it would be a big waste of money not to have the slightest bit of airtime, even if it's just floating one. I really liked Nitro a lot when it first opened and I'd be satisfied if this steel erection delivered the same amount of air. Maybe THE trick of this one will be the low to the ground speed hill. Does anyone think ejector is really wishful thinking ?

Just looked at the video!

I think the first drop will give you great airtime, just looking at the steepness.

First hill is a bit lame, but maybe -/+ 0g floating airtime.

^The speedhill looks impressive! I think ejector airtime in the front and backrow is possible!!

Is this the first coaster in the world to have a POV ridercam in the train?

Here you have more pics from Pa-community. They're adding a net all long the first drop... hope this coaster doesn't end like Silver Star....

And images form the video

You can see in this video the comparison between both tests