TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

^ Agreed. Also, has it always had 7 cars? Thats something I dont think I remember. Either way, at first the train colors were a bit scary but now they look great.

Yeah, it's the only "big" B&M (big, as in, running 3 trains) featuring 7-car trains...

As for Shambhala, I really like the look of the buildings and the area, although it seems that they still have a lot of work to do to make it feel more realistic and less of a mud dump.

It rips your head off with 7 cars - imagine it with 8..

So it looks like they are creating a new path to get really close to the ride? Dragon Khan has only ever been photographed from the front - so it'll be nice to get some orginal views and appreciate the Shambhala water splash.

Nnnnnooooooooooooooooooo!

What's the problem? It's a straight piece of track with a brake on it. Big deal. It looks like it's right before the final brake run anyway.

I really like Shamabuckbuck's track/train color scheme. I was expecting it to look similar to Alpengeist, but it doesn't.

What's the problem? It's a straight piece of track with a brake on it. Big deal. It looks like it's right before the final brake run anyway.

I really like Shamabuckbuck's track/train color scheme. I was expecting it to look similar to Alpengeist, but it doesn't.

That brake is actually on the speed hill right after the tall helix (official name?). I do agree that the trains look great though. Anybody know what the lead car will look like?

If only there was a hill that ended the MCBR instead of the turn. Airtime coming off of MCBRs (especially B&M hypers) is insane!!! But it looks really neat, I'm still on the fence when it comes to if Shambhala will pack some nice forces. Only time will tell though.

Seriously, B&M hyper coasters are (obviously) DESIGNED to have trims so the speed can be regulated due to weather and load differential. The experience you get is the one they designed on purpose, it's not like adding trims to I305's drop...

We don't even know if those Trims will be used. In that picture they are off, I would look at that as a positive.

This ride looks amazing. That helix or whatever they are calling it just blows my mind. We need more of those. I'm a little disappointed with the pointless V trains that they are using. I was hoping Leviathan would be a push for the older (and better) train design.

Dragon Khan's new train colors remind me of a parrot. A pretty parrot, of course.

I'll have to see Shambhala's train on the track before I can decide how much I like the color scheme.

I made Shambhala's trains on No Limits, and put them on the right color track. Keep in mind that there isn't a No limit's coaster style with the updated trains.

1015056591_ShambhalaCars-120409080034000.jpg.b91c20c37a1368b8d3eb6e81868f741a.jpg

455471300_ShambhalaCars-120409080100001.jpg.a0bbad357e0f4225ac612284ebf59730.jpg

976158515_ShambhalaCars-120409080113002.jpg.3bd1407cc09818361a3fb2bfd5695245.jpg

I still can't get over how miniature Dragon Kahn looks now! The new trains and paint job are sweet, though.

I'm kind of "out of the loop", (pun intended). Have there been any updates with artwork for what exactly the theming will look like around the tunnels, etc? I'm still curious to see how they are going to spread the theming out over this huge ride and make it all make sense.