TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Looking good! I'm still curious to know their reasoning for placing it within and around Khan so haphazardly in a sense...

It seems like the hyper could have been integrated into the area with a bit more elegance as to not ruin the domination appearance of Khan... I feel like the hyper really detracts from it...

Edit: Post 1,500

Looking good! I'm still curious to know their reasoning for placing it within and around Khan so haphazardly in a sense...

It seems like the hyper could have been integrated into the area with a bit more elegance as to not ruin the domination appearance of Khan... I feel like the hyper really detracts from it...

Edit: Post 1,500

1. They wanted a giant hyper coaster

2.There is a giant vacant plot of land they own behind Dragon Khan

3. Placing the lift over Dragon Khan was the best way to keep the station near an existing area of the park and the best way to use that land to accomplish the first two points.

That splash section is going to be tiny! Should be interesting to see!

And I agree, that speed hill looks absolutely insane. I didn't realize how not-elongated it was.

My thought exactly ! seems like there is no straight track like on Diamondback for instance. I wonder if the splashing effect will be visible in the distance too

That little hill reminds me of Leviathan's, just a bit more straight. It oughta provide some wicked airtime.

Except Lev's is a lot longer and I believe to have a much much larger radius last time I looked. I think this will produce a lot more airtime. How good is this ride looking? Wow.

So will the splash effect on Shambhala end up getting riders on Khan wet as they come down the first drop?... Or will the end up doing more of a controlled splash (i.e. Manta in Orlando)

The ride passes underneath the drop before the splash starts (though it is very close), and the water that the train scoops up on these B&Ms has a net forward velocity (it follows the train, but at a slower speed than the train is moving forward). So no, the riders on Kahn shouldn't get wet at all, but if you were coming down the first drop on Kahn the same time a train on Shambhala was hitting the splash, it would make for quite a sight/scare!

What type of trains will this monster have. I'm kinda liking the four across right now

It'll have the new 2x2 design, like Intimidator, Diamondback, and Behemoth.