TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

I have just watched those pics on the aforementionned website and they are indeed marvellous. Of course it's early to say, since brakes can always be retrofitted on a B&M (or any other coaster for that matter) but so far, it seems this hyper has been designed to run with very few trims... I can only spot one at the moment. Might we have the wildest of B&M hypercoasters here ? (or I'll anticipate for the people who do not appreciate them: the "LEAST forceless cookie cutter" of them all ?)

I have a question for those who have ridden a B&M hypercoaster with V-seating trains. Is there a gate for every two seats or is there just one gate like on GIBs or Furius Baco?

I can imagine that if the park doesn't handle this situation well loading could end up being a real mess (and Spain is messy enough as it is!) affecting operations and thus, capacity.

I have a question for those who have ridden a B&M hypercoaster with V-seating trains. Is there a gate for every two seats or is there just one gate like on GIBs or Furius Baco?

I can imagine that if the park doesn't handle this situation well loading could end up being a real mess (and Spain is messy enough as it is!) affecting operations and thus, capacity.

behemoth.thumb.jpg.40a0f43b63425e581aa68b11a9278bee.jpg

Behemoth Station

That is such a stunning photo of the "ampersand element" or "Shambhala Curve" or whatever you want to call it. I also like how the bluish rails and track ties just "pop" in that photo against the white box beam.

I know I'm putting waaay too much thought into it but it sort of looks like they took Alpengeist's first drop, doubled and mirrored one side, then flipped it over for a regular sit down coaster.

It's a beautiful element. To me it seems more like a tilted loop than a helix though. Whatever it is, it looks quite brilliant.

I agree.. I thought it was an "Inclined Helix"... Ampersand I dont think I can picture anyone screaming on a POV video "AND NOW WE ARE ENTERING THE AMMMPPERRRSANNNDDD WEEEEEEE"

....but you never know. Don't care what its called it looks great and i want to see more.