TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

^^Fabulous job with that. I know we are looking at the drop from a foreshortened angle in that picture, but dang does it look steep. This and Leviathan seem to wait to the very last minute before pulling up at the bottom of the drop. Should make for a great back seat drop

What a FANTASTIC update ! Thanks for the links, pics, videos. Looking at those columns really give an impression of how massive Shamby will be. I cannot wait to ride it next summer. The video also shows how some people's fear about Khan being disfigured may now be relieved, as really, except the lift and drop of the looper, nothing in the new hyper will really stand in Khan's way. For those who have already been to this park, when you're on the great wall of China, Khan is just in front of you, whereas the new coaster will plunge and then really disappear to your right (left turn if you take the rider's pov) OK, the lift towers over everything else, but I can't think of another place in the park where it would be less apaarent anyway. It will be a new game to take pics of both trains negociating their first drop, just like for instance KK and El Toro in the same picture. Very excited after seeing this and the steepness of the huge drop !!!

Now THAT is an update I can get excited about! Those are some very cool shots of great progress. I'm definitely interested to see what the finished product looks like. Even if it is another forceless, cookie cutter Beemer, I still think that B&M hypers are gorgeous to behold.

-Doug "More updates like this, please" Heim

Now THAT is an update I can get excited about! Those are some very cool shots of great progress. I'm definitely interested to see what the finished product looks like. Even if it is another forceless, cookie cutter Beemer, I still think that B&M hypers are gorgeous to behold.

-Doug "More updates like this, please" Heim

The park is closed, so "we" only can provide "us" good quality of photos and videos ONLY if the park wants. And the park is very strict when it comes to providing photographs or videos from inside the park. Personally I am very surprised to see the quality of video and photos we have today of the coaster.

But the rest of the time, the photos must be taken from far away and only from certain points, so the low quality of most of the photos.

^No need to explain yourself. When the park posts a high-quality video and you compare it to the blurry photo above, you can only assume what the members of this site are going to prefer.

By the way egiptologo, thanks for taking the time to post those photos from the video! Made for a great front page update!

Edited by ernierocker