TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

As construction goes on, so do the updates. Yesterday they were working on the helix (now you can see the top support). Today, focus is on the chaintrough (which has reached the first support) and on finishing the second support for the lift hill. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up putting the lift hill track up to the first column today since there is a 200 feet crane with three other minor cranes on that same spot... Now, onto the photos:

Supports for the first and third hills.

Source: PAFans.com

I haven't seen any coaster lift hill built like that; first the trough and THEN the track? WTF?

This is mere speculation but there are rumours pointing that the top sections of Khan's inversions (giant loop, diving loop and cobra roll) have not been painted because they could receive a "blending" treatment and be painted differently (i.e. melting snow) to fit in the area... Does Khan really need to pull a Dominator?

Yesterday they were working on the helix (now you can see the top support).

I don't think that's the top support. If you follow the layout of the helix, there are still other taller supports to be raised!

Yesterday they were working on the helix (now you can see the top)

I don't think that's the top support. If you follow the layout of the helix, there are still other taller supports to be raised!

I think you must be right! The tallet portion of the helix is facing the other way.

With the new park we can confirm with 100% of security three things:

-The entry of the new roller coaster is just to the left of the entrance of Dragon Khan.

-On the map you can clearly see one of the trains passing through the splash. Therefore, it is confirmed again that there will be a splash (probably natural).

-The attraction "fumanchu" (the flying chairs) will move a few meters to the left in order to make room for the entrance of the roller coaster.

Love the new map!!

painting the track of my baby in different colours would just be sacrilegeous imho... As for mountain ranges, this would be neat indeed, but I doubt they do it all along the track... maybe around the station and under the lowest hills. I don't see them building TALL themeing but this is pure supposition. Maybe they should save this budget and theme the log flume / mine train a bit more since I consider those areas the "birthmark" or "birth defect" of this superb park

Here is my recreation from the official planes that the park revealed in the public presentation. As you can see, the ride will be AWSOME.

All the rumours about the theming are actually that, rumours. The only official mention that the park has done is that the new mini area will have 14000m^2 and that it will be themed like "Buthan". I personally think that they are going to do a great job, as always in this park in matters of theming. Let's wait for more info.

The other rumour about the snow-painting effect in Dragon Khan... It's another rumour. The highest points of the ride have been already painted, so there is no reason to think that the lower parts will have two paintings.

Edited by Trevor