TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Sorry but this is not the official recreation. In fact, PA hasn't released any press material other than the artwork showing the train going down the first drop.

Good work, anyway! I hope the tunnels and splash come true.

And...:

-The splash zone is now totally confirmed by the park.

-The lenght of the coaster is now confirmed by the park: more than 1650 metres (5413 feet).

-More than 14.000 m2 (150.695 feet2) of themed spaces.

-The max. inclination angle is not confirmed yet.

Source (in spanish): http://www.pa-community.com/p/articulo/portaventura-hace-oficial-shambhala-en-fitur/

A friend of mine is in FITUR (International Tourism Trade Fair) and has sent me the following picture.

Shambhala_model.jpg.a72233b4dc5e81845d6310e3d25ce2f7.jpg

This pretty much confirms the tunnel on the first drop (head chopper anyone?), the shape of the helix, a "speed hump", the splash and the MCBR almost at the end (like Carowinds' Intmimidator). Also note the station looks like a refuge.

As for construction itself, recent updates show that supports are being placed for the first airtime hill and the helix is progressing nicely (at least the lower parts).

Isn't that just a fan drawing of the element? Imo that element doesn't look very realistic to me and I agree that from the over head layout the park released it looks more like the SFOG Goliath helix.

This image is of a fan ... non-project ...

I believe that the helix will eat Goliath of SFOG.

Your drawing is wrong ... that's all I understand.

Well... you were all wrong!

A friend of mine is in FITUR (International Tourism Trade Fair) and has sent me the following picture.

thumb_shambhala_model.jpg

This pretty much confirms the tunnel on the first drop (head chopper anyone?), the shape of the helix, a "speed hump", the splash and the MCBR almost at the end (like Carowinds' Intmimidator). Also note the station looks like a refuge.

As for construction itself, recent updates show that supports are being placed for the first airtime hill and the helix is progressing nicely (at least the lower parts).

Thanks Oriolat for the pic!

PAC posted his official simulation about Shambhala!!!!!!

In case anyone missed this video, it shows a very (maybe perfectly) accurate recreation of what we've now seen. With this layout, this could be one of the most original B&M-hyper layouts I've seen in a while!