TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Thank you for the confirmation. It was high time they took care of this gem which was slowly turning to a brownish shade. A fresh brighter red track will make Khan stand out especially with "Shambhala" above / behind it. Now I hope vertical construction (especially the lift / drop) starts soon. I'm very excited at Levi's pictures but will probably be even more with this one since I've booked my stay on property with the kids for August

Hmm, I'm kind of sceptical to this two-toned track stuff. Won't there be to many colours with Dragon Khans lightblue and red combined with this? Teal-ish, white and some unkown support colour? I don't like to say it but I think it will look pretty messy and almost tacky when built.

^...But the track is right there in the pictures and it has differently-colored rails and spine.

I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything, but that track doesn't look like anything B&M uses for it's "normal" track. The track looks like transfer track or part of the station track.

Then again, I could be wrong on all this. It would be cool to see a two-tone hyper coaster though.

Well, I also thought that the colours only are these because of the part of the track, but today, I could take these photos:

And, this one I think it's from the Station, I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by DKR

Comums seem to be anodized metallic grey, from some of the pictures on the site and the video linked above. I woud have expected the hyper and Khan to share the same supports' colour, just the track differing them. But I still think the white part may really look great in the sunny sky of Costa Dorada. It will probably shine a lot and make contrast in the very blue sky, and (ok, far fetched) symbolize the eternal snows of the Himalaya ?

On PortAventura's fansite, they just said that next weekend, they will be re-painting Dragon Khan and on the last days of December it'll begin the construction of the lift.

AAAAANNDD, in 2014 it'll be a third roller coaster mixed with those. They will be the first three roller coasters taller than 45 meters together in the world.

AAAAANNDD, in 2014 it'll be a third roller coaster mixed with those. They will be the first three roller coasters taller than 45 meters together in the world.

That of 2014 is a rumor, not contrastadom or anything ...

Do not believe this rumor ...