TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Still praying to the Intamin gods for this one!

Keep praying No, seriously. I really hope they go back to B&M. Dragon Khan proved that B&M can do wonders and it is about time the park gets a ride with a decent layout (Stampida's layout is really clever and nothing smart layout-wise has been built ever since).

Still praying to the Intamin gods for this one!

Keep praying No, seriously. I really hope they go back to B&M. Dragon Khan proved that B&M can do wonders and it is about time the park gets a ride with a decent layout (Stampida's layout is really clever and nothing smart layout-wise has been built ever since).

Only problem with B&M... when was the last time they built anything nearly as forceful as Khan? I'd hate to have a giant forceless B&M literally overshadowing such an awesome one.

Edited by Moose

^I dunno, I think B&M is starting to work towards regaining their old reputation when it comes to creative rides - the Parc Asterix invert is a good example, as well as the new ride types and the venture into giga territory. Now, if it's a generic hyper, then yeah it's going to be pretty forceless. But who knows - they've been surprising us lately, so we'll have to see how this goes!

^Oh, I thought the fact that I said "giga aquatrax" automatically qualified my post as sarcasm.

I was going to say the ground was to dry to be an Aqua Trax but I thought that would have been to obviously sarcasm!

For those waiting for a final OFFICIAL announcement, the ride will be presented this Friday. According to Catalunya Radio (local radio station), the President of the Catalan Government (Artur Mas) will set the coaster's first stone this Friday, when the park is due to announce further details. The same station has mentioned that the ride will:

- reach speeds up to 85 mph,

- be built by a Swiss Company called Bolliger and Mabillard,

- sit next to Khan

- be the park's new starship ride (poor Khan )

Can't wait for Friday!

New picture from the groundwork. This one shows the backside of the Imperial Theatre (across Khan's entrance plaza). The coaster is said to go as far as Sesamo Aventura (Polynesia) and as far as Templo del Fuego (Mexico). For those not familiar with the park that is a long, long stretch.