TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TGE - SLC 06 (SFAWs)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think all this sucks! I'm betting a new major amusement park in Houston opens in less than 10 years. I wasn't looking looking to riding this in Houston and i'm even less looking forword to now that I know how rough it was. I'm actually hoping they don't open this for 2006 becuase then i'll miss it seeing i'm planing to hit The Great Escape on my way up to Canada...lol

Although if they bust ass and get the permites done (I thinking they won't have much of a problem since it seem it's going in right at the front of the park and if I remember right they've had problems getting approval for stuff deeper into the park. If it doable to get it open for 2006.

Scrapped Rides (unless someone purchases them):

Texas Cyclone (For free, if you can cover removal costs)

Greezed Lightning (For sale)

Viper (For sale)

Ultra Twister (For sale - likely to be scrapped)

Batman: The Escape (For sale now .. likely to be scrapped)

Thunder River (Not really for sale, but parts of the ride except the boats are for sale)

Dentzel Carousel (For sale, most popular item tho according to Joyce at the park .. Knoebel's has called on it as well .. 1894 Dentzel)

Waitatick...

Is XLR-8 being scrapped or moving to another park?

I drove by SFAW yesterday evening to see it all in person. The whole thing is so sad... now I have to drive 3 hours to get to the rock quarry.

Anyway.... the update..... Most of the coasters..to my surprise... are still standing...or at least parts of them. From the expressway, it looks like Texas Cyclone, Viper, Greezed Lightening, Ultra Twister, and Batman haven't been touched. About 2/3 of Serial Thriller (SLC) is still standing--lift hill and most of the track. I could not see XLR8.

But to confirm, there is no more dungeon drop, no looping starship (Can anyone confirm/unconfirm that Looping Starship is going to SFOT. They are supposed to get a "looping" ride)

I live across town, so I have been reading/heard newsreports about rides moving. I was surprised that it was mostly "still together" :shock:

I will post pictures in the near future.

I am going to get so much brain damage on my east coast trip...

Why would SF place a SLC at Great Escape when SFDL has one about an hour away? I am not complaining about it (hey, it's a credit right), but why would SF place a clone of a coaster in a family park when there is one not far away in a major park?

Great Escape is about five hours away from SFDL, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, SFDL has a boomerang and an SLC... and PCW, which is less than two hours away, also has a boomerang and an SLC...PCW got both first. Yay Six Flags!

I thought I heard somewhere that Ultra Twister is going to SFDL.

If that was true, I think I would die. I've been dying to ride it since i saw it on a coaster show when i was like 10. I know I'm hyping it up to myself over nothing, but look below for my coaster track record! 8)

Nicole "I don't get out to many amusement parks, because very few of my friends like them!" T

Looping Starship is from SFAW for SFOT.

Serial Thriller has lift, sidewinder and station/brakes left and that's it. Cranes are currently next to XLR-8 and Batman as well as Ultra Twister which is about 1/3 dismantled.

The Von Roll is still standing, but most smaller rides like SWAT, Looney Tunes Rides, etc are gone. WaterWorld is completely gone now. Expect Cyclone and Greezy to stay standing as they aren't going anywhere unless some outside company or person buys them, otherwise they are going to the trash heap.

694488530_sfaw-serialthriller042(Medium).jpg.72879a0aa5a1bd0a52fd9962f710314c.jpg

More track stuff

1419619981_sfaw-serialthriller041(Medium).jpg.0d54421fef945ada72181b454634157b.jpg

Track awaiting shipment

1919008988_sfaw-hookslagoon002(Medium).jpg.a15ec9ce49aba74acbc9ac476ccf7ad9.jpg

Hook's Lagoon area

sfaw-wwslides003.jpg.a5f6712eeafa36ae792d35b98857af18.jpg

WaterWorld

sfaw-serialthriller038.jpg.6cc6d08c2e6acb6a8a0f8df88275ebe9.jpg

Serial Thriller

sfaw-batmantheescape038.jpg.4c2d0bdc6e36404ef36bf7452056d28f.jpg

Batman: The Escape

Expect Cyclone and Greezy to stay standing as they aren't going anywhere unless some outside company or person buys them, otherwise they are going to the trash heap.

Why would they do that? I understand about the Texas Cyclone but couldn't they just re-locate Greezed Lightning rather than scrap it.

No other park in the chain wanted it along with Viper, Batman and some other flats like the carousel.

If they aren't sold at auction or before the auction, they go bye-bye. Some rides have already been purchased by private citizens or other parks, like Mayan Mindbender.