TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Holy freaking crap! This looks absolutely scary...By scary, just completely and utterly unnatural...So since it's Fuji-Q (haven't been yet, want to endure it to say I did), waiting for the POV to come out will be as long as the lines...

Someone should send Haroly Camping to Fuji Q when it opens and see what comes first, the Rapture, or actually getting on the Euro Fighter.

So this thing has a launch and a vertical lift with beyond vertical drop? Awesome stuff, I wonder what come first the launch or the lift. You would think the lift hill would be the natural thing to start a ride with, but I kind like rides with midcourse lift hills before the ending (Mystery Mine, the Beast, some mine trains. But then again I really liked the mid course launch on Maverick, felt like that was one of the better coasters Ive been on in a while mostly because of the mid course launch, very unexpected and awesome.

Yeah, now that the layout is complete, i'm really curios about this as well. I almost want to say based on the layout that the launch comes first, followed by the lift, but of course it could go any way. I'm just basing this off of the fact that the brake run following the launch section goes right in the structure next to where the lift begins.

Amazing looking coaster IMO...8 inversions!

If you look on RCDB there appears to be an indoor section with at least one roll in it like Saw the Ride has

^If you look at the layout, it launches into the loop. After the dog tongue and corkscrews, the ride reenters the building. The lift hill isn't encountered until later in the ride with the immelmann, dive loop, and over-banked/inverted turn ending the ride.

You can tell which one comes first? Damn, your smarter then I thought.

There are two possible ways this could go.

1. Just follow the track from the launch, it goes through the loop, through the dog tongue, through the large corkscrew, then crosses over in front of the lift hills drop, then goes into the building which it does whatever and turns around, then it goes up the lift hill into the dive loop, then the inverted top hat/overbank turn, then into the immelman and into the brakes.

Or it could, go up the lift hill, into the dive loop, the overbank/top hat, immelman, inside, does whatever it does, and then launches and goes into the loop, dog tongue, corkscrews and hits the brakes.

Thanks for the video Mario - it only gets me more excited to see this bad boy in action when complete. I do have to ask how you know this is the correct order of elements - my money would have been to start with the vertical lift, since I personally am not a big fan of rides that stop or slow mid-course, which is why I'm such an Intamin "fan boy" - lol. In any event, it was a GREAT video and appreciate the video!

^Fluch von Novgorod (hope I spelled that right) is a pretty good example of rides that do what this thing should be doing, and I think the reviews there have been very good.

It seems obvious that it'll launch first - from the very first pictures, the pre-lift/launch includes a barrel roll at ground level, just like where the launch is. And there's a right-hand turn that connects the first set of brakes (after the airtime hill) to the base of the lift hill. And the second set of brakes (after the immelmann) leads straight back into the building.

Found a teaser vid that the park has released. No annoying music like Dondopa so far...

I so far see either 5/25 or 7/16 as being the opening date. So for those going on the Japan trip may either be able to ride it or just miss the opening date by a week or two.

According to RCDB this beast is called Takabisha... Any TPR people in Japan know what it means???

I also remember watching the video of Robb at IAAPA talking to the folk at Gerstlauer. I seem to remember that he said something like "It is the same concept as Hansa Park but on a bigger scale... There is also an interesting theme"

What is the theme? I wonder...

Edited by RollerCoasterSmi

Every element on this ride looks like it will do sick things to my stomach...and I've gotta say I hope for one like that in the Midwest one day. This looks like the coolest thing by Gerstlauer so far.

121 Degrees? Seriously? I bet the guys over at Fraispertuis City (And S&S, they're building Timber Drop over there) are really PO'd right about now about them not getting the drop record now that Gerstlauer's built this.

This Euro-Fighter's gonna be absolutely mental, and I thought that Untamed was going ot be crazy. It also looks like (Not much people have noticed this) there's gonna be an indoor section, and that should be pretty cool.