TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

I like the sound of Banana Roll, but in the style of Drachen Fire and this being pretty much just being an over-inverted cutback, maybe it should just be called an "Inclined Cutback"?

Hmmm, not sure. A cutback is basically two corkscrews put together, while this looks more like a top-hat.

So that would it make it an inclined-tophat.

But I'm down with Banana-roll as well

^So I can take KT over to Thomas Town to play without her having to wait in queue's with us for hours and hours!

In fact, you are one of the few persons who does have the privilege to go playing at Thomas Town, while the rest of us will wait in line for you, too

And, I don´t know much about the lines overthere, but maybe we come around Thomas Town a few times, so you can join us in the last round

I can see it now -

Coaster enthusiasts from around the world have waited six hours for a train with people to go through an unknown element on Fuji-Q Highland's brand new Gerstlauer coaster. They decided that it was not worth it anymore, and started to turn around and leave. But, as they had their backs turned, a train with one person in it went through the element! They scrambled back to their positions, and waited again. Now, four hours later, they're still waiting.

Apparently, Fuji-Q Highland was only running one train and only letting one person on the ride at a time, and they were bleaching and disinfecting the train for five hours while it was in the station, all while hundreds of people waited for their ride.

This is your Action News reporter A.J. with all the news that is news reporting live from the scene.

Edited by A.J.

On another board I heard the term "Shoehorn" suggested as a name...I reckon its a good one, a single word that hits the nail on the head, and it doesn't have the pointless "Roll" word at the end.

Holy crap it looks like a Lazy-G-Roll. Looks intense and fun, but still. Looks like this one element I downloaded for NL, always called a IOTH (Inside-Out Top Hat).

If you think about it, the 2nd one is like the first one bending over tho.

CAT (Crazy @$$ turnover)

I'm not writing what the acronym is (Super High Inverting Twist)

*ATF (Acid Trip Flip)*HALT

HAFR (High as F-)never mind...

And what's up with that non inverting/ half inverting cobra roll...now Naming it... Shoehorn was cool, so was Banana roll. Maybe CobraBankedTurn/Roll. Looks more like a banana split though due to its both sides... "Horny" inversion nonetheless

"WTF" - Wicked Top Flip.

was also excellent

^ Um, I tried looking for the first two videos of the "new coaster" and all I found

were videos of Eejanaika, their 4-D coaster

which has been operating since what, 2006?

With up to 3-hour waits for it too, depending on the weather, the ride ops...

The new Eurofighter probably isn't even finished being

built, let alone testing. From what I've found on the net about it.

Just my opinion, here. Anybody else have new vid or pix, taken lately?

^^ And Barry? I like it! "Fred."

I'm not promoting anything. There are two new videos showing a whole bunch more of the layout. However I can't link to the videos since I don't have enough posts...

Ugh, you can post videos as you can embed them in the post. You just can't link to your own person website.

On another board I heard the term "Shoehorn" suggested as a name...I reckon its a good one, a single word that hits the nail on the head, and it doesn't have the pointless "Roll" word at the end.

Oh, and on this subject I'm told by one of my ride designer TPR buddies that the actual industry name for this element is called the "Dog Tongue"