TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Ok, so watching that video actually made me WANT to go to FujiQ...just to laugh and have fun again! I figure I'll spend my time going from Thomas Town to various ride lines to interview our poor trip participants on camera about their day!

This would be the funniest TPR video ever.

I've been to Fuji-Q once and thats when ええじゃないか (ee-ja-nai-ka) opened. I remember the lines being extremely long and the rides being ok but nothing to remember. I will be in Japan again in April and really debating if I want to go back to that park. We will see.

I remember the lines being extremely long and the rides being ok but nothing to remember. I will be in Japan again in April and really debating if I want to go back to that park. We will see.

Go to Tobu Zoo. The Mega-Lite there is better than anything Fuji-Q has.

I remember the lines being extremely long and the rides being ok but nothing to remember. I will be in Japan again in April and really debating if I want to go back to that park. We will see.

Go to Tobu Zoo. The Mega-Lite there is better than anything Fuji-Q has.

I'll put that on my schedule right now. Thanks Robb.

did anyone else think that it's not smart for the most poorly operated park with crazy long lines to get ride like this with the crazy capacity

Well if you took the time to read the thread you would see that everyone who posted is already saying that. So the answer is YES!

With all the hate I've been hearing over the years about this park's incredibly poor operations, it's almost become enticing... just to witness the awfulness first-hand...

Save yourself the trouble unless you really want to ruin your day LOL. My wait for Dodonpa was 3 hours or so...

Ok, this one goes out to Robb, or Elissa, or anyone having been to Fuji Q and Fiesta Texas. Fiesta has the most frustrating operations I can think of. Can you compare them for me?

I mean Fiesta has decent capacity rides that the park refuses to be efficient with, and Fuji Q has low capacity rides. So is it operations as much as the rides themselves?

Fiesta Texas does not have horrible operations. Fiesta Texas is the park where I saw their B&M Floorless being operated by *ONE* ride op, faster than most parks can dispatch a B&M with 3 or 4 ride ops. Sure, SFFT may not be the best in the world for operations, but it's not bad. Not compared to what we've seen out there. In comparison to Fuji-Q, SFFT is like a Disney park.

Example - one of our visits it rained about an hour after Eejanaika opened. When it rained, they shut down the ride (duh), and gave everyone a ticket to come back when the ride re-opened. You think "Oh, that's nice", right? Wrong.

That ticket was only good for the FIRST HOUR the ride re-opened. During that first hour that the ride re-opened they would ONLY allow people with the tickets to ride the coaster. Everyone else had to wait, outside the station, in a make-shift line for an hour, while they watched trains getting dispatched with sometimes only 2 or 3 people on the train.

Almost no one came back during that hour, because I assume they were already stuck in some other 2-3 hour long line when Eejanaika re-opened.

Once the ride was opened to all the poor people standing outside watching empty trains go by, the line was easily 3 hours. So the people in the back of the line actually waited FOUR hours to ride. One hour waiting for the exit-ticket people to show up (who never did) and then another three hours in the queue.

It's just beyond terrible.

--Robb

I think La Ronde may be trying to beat out Fuji-Q for worst operations

LaRonde might be bad for most coasters, but at least they haul butt on their best coaster Goliath by keeping the line moving. It was that way on my last visit, I'd hate to hear that they fail on that coaster now.

Example - one of our visits it rained about an hour after Eejanaika opened. When it rained, they shut down the ride (duh), and gave everyone a ticket to come back when the ride re-opened. You think "Oh, that's nice", right? Wrong.

That ticket was only good for the FIRST HOUR the ride re-opened. During that first hour that the ride re-opened they would ONLY allow people with the tickets to ride the coaster. Everyone else had to wait, outside the station, in a make-shift line for an hour, while they watched trains getting dispatched with sometimes only 2 or 3 people on the train.

Almost no one came back during that hour, because I assume they were already stuck in some other 2-3 hour long line when Eejanaika re-opened.

Once the ride was opened to all the poor people standing outside watching empty trains go by, the line was easily 3 hours. So the people in the back of the line actually waited FOUR hours to ride. One hour waiting for the exit-ticket people to show up (who never did) and then another three hours in the queue.

It's just beyond terrible.

--Robb

This happened during my last visit to Fuji-Q. Can't recall why Eejanaika closed down - I don't remember any rain. (Maybe there was a little bit of wind? A cloud?) My buddy and I had been waiting over two hours and they gave us a ticket to return. Of course, when the ride re-opens and they start calling the tickets numbers, all of the announcements are in Japanese only - so if you don't speak Japanese, well, good luck. Fortunately for us, my buddy's wife is Japanese, so she told us when it was our turn to get back in line. We finally got to ride it, after waiting for over three hours total. (At least it didn't beat me up as bad as X and X2 did.)

We were at Fuji-Q almost all day, and I got in a grand total of six rides. (Lucky for me, I already had most of my credits from an earlier visit.) Yeesh!

To the park's credit, I will say their squid on a stick was pretty damn rockin'. And their haunted hospital is amazing, one of the best haunted attractions I've been through anywhere (if you have enough time to wait in line for it).

I think this will have a one person train with one train on the track. Waits will surely be 4-5 hours!

When I visited Fuji-Q, my wait for Eejanaika was 4 1/2 hours. After 4 hours, I wanted to get it over and done with. After I rode it, I did one more credit, but that was it. I was so tired and sick of the park that I didn't want to ride anything else.