TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

well, actually the reason why it was taken out is because of uncontrollabe headbanging, headaches and incredible roughness. People riding got bloody ears, and actually from 1997-99 a few cases of brain damage.

so there you have it, one weird ride=a usual answer for it's removal. A la Drachen Fire

I noticed that about Asian shuttle rides. It seems like a better idea to me. You start backwards, then at the other half of the ride, your all of a sudden facing down thinking "OH MY GOD WE'RE GONNA FALL!" More dramatic then slow pull backwards on a vekoma boomerang.

• 1 year later...
Wow! Thanks for posting that! Seeing a picture of Moonsault Scramble in the 1984 edition of the Guinness Book of Records as a child undoubtedly had a big effect on me, so it's great to finally see POV footage of the ride! I had forgotten that it 'started off' backwards...

Yes, I was a Guinness Book enthusiast as a kid in the 80's, and I too remember reading about Moonsault Scramble. I think it was the tallest in the world at the time.

Moonsault Scramble looks absolutely fantastic. I remember seeing it on a coaster show when I was younger. I have the tape somewhere. I wish they still had it when I went to Fujikyu!

-Dainan "It would of made up for Dodonpa " Rafferty

There's a great POV of this ride on a video tape I found on eBay called "Japanese Coaster Madness". It was released in 1989, and is 100%Japanese. I can't understand any of it, but the footage is brilliant. Lots of onride/offride footage of several coaster like Moonsalt Scramble, Big Boom Coaster, and Bandit.

I rode Moonsault back in 99 when I was on contract at Tokyo Disneyland.

Let me tell you..it was one of the more terrifying moments of my coaster experiences. The first time going up the first lift backwards made the sheer fear of massive headbanging totally intense!

Thankfully I escaped with only mild ear-redness. The ride wasn't all that rough..

I find Deja Vu more intense.

Fujiyama was new(ish) back then and I paid more attention to it during that particular visit to the park.

^Interesting. I wish they would do that on some Vekoma Boomerangs to spice up the ride a bit more.

Imagine facing downward when the chain catches the car on the second spike. OUCH! You'll be slammed forward into the restraint.

• 2 months later...
^Interesting. I wish they would do that on some Vekoma Boomerangs to spice up the ride a bit more.

Imagine facing downward when the chain catches the car on the second spike. OUCH! You'll be slammed forward into the restraint.

There was no chain on the second spike...probably could have improved the ride, though...and made it an even longer wait.