TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Nrthwnd said:

^^ When that happened to me, on the 2013 Japan Tour, I just looked at the "Locker Key Whatever the F" and thought....

"You have got to be kidding me!"

And that one, plus what I remember of the "Thunder Dolphin Experience" (2007) were both WTF moments in regards to lockers, blah blah.

And By The Way..... I couldn't find where this new coaster was going. A reminder please? Thanks in advance?

there's a big, open, spot where the Wild Mouse coaster was.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PKI Jizzman said:

Hmm lots of supports... I'm excited for whatever they are adding. Honestly it's a tiny ass park with 4 amazing adult coasters in a few flat rides. It really needs more substance despite having 4 amazing unique coasters.

the Air Race was FREAKING FANTASTIC too. . . and I loved the Lucky Cat rapids (do make sure you purchase the poncho from the machine in line. . it WILL soak you)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Fuji-Q Highland, a theme park in Fujiyoshida City, Yamanashi Prefecture, announced on Wednesday that it will cease operations of its Do-Dodonpa roller coaster.

Do-Dodonpa, a popular attraction known for its claim to be the “world’s fastest accelerating” roller coaster, can accelerate to a speed of 180 kilometers per hour in just 1.56 seconds. Since its opening in December 2001, it has been enjoyed by 9.3 million people. However, the ride has been out of service since August 2021 due to reports of serious injuries sustained by some riders.

According to Fuji-Q Highland, there have been 12 reported injuries possibly related to the use of Do-Dodonpa, with six people suffering serious injuries such as broken bones in the chest and neck. Despite ongoing discussions with the manufacturer on measures to ensure safe operation, the theme park has concluded that concrete solutions are difficult to implement.

Source

Regarding Do-Dodonpa- Fastest Roller Coaster, from August 2021, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism's Lift Accident Investigation Subcommittee,
Since September of the same year, the Company has been under investigation by the Customer Safety Management Investigation Committee, a third-party committee of the Company.
To date, there have been no complaints regarding the relevant laws and regulations or management/maintenance.
Please note that the Customer Safety Management Investigation Committee ended in March 2022.

While the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism's Elevator Accident Investigation Subcommittee is currently investigating the cause and investigating and considering measures to prevent recurrence, we have completely eliminated the risk of injury to customers and the risk of a wrong-way vehicle stop.
Although we have held repeated discussions with the manufacturer regarding ways to ensure safe operation, we have come to the conclusion that it is difficult to make it concrete.
In order to fulfill our social responsibility as a company Business an amusement park that puts safety first, we have decided to close Business.

This model (including its predecessor) is Fuji-Q Highland 's representative coaster, which has been used and supported by 9.3 million people since it opened in December 2001.
We have received requests from many customers to resume Business, but we apologize for not being able to respond to them.
We would also like to express our deepest sympathies to the customers who were injured despite coming to the park.
We will continue to Business with the safety and security of all our customers as our top priority.

Official statement

• Sad 1

Great ride but really pushed the limits of the human body. Gave me anxiety every time I rode with that launch. It was amazing, like getting hit by a truck in the best way possible! 

What I remember the most, is that insane THUMPing soundtrack that played on and on and on, in the indoor part of the queue. When I was TPRing there, 2007, 2011, 2013.

ResizeofIMG_2661.JPG.e8e0ddf845528c834cefe912b9feb361.JPG

"When it had a TAAAAALLLLL Top Hat (I think) back then..." 2013 Tour