TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

But the article does mention 'However, the facility has been closed since the 12th of this month and has been under inspection for acceleration measurements.'

9 hours ago, SharkTums said:

Yes, it feels like getting hit by a truck, but in a good way. As long as you follow directions and keep your head back it's fine.  Are the Japanese getting as bad as us with following directions? We can't even blame foreigners right now!

One thing I love is Japan comment sections. It's not overblown drama or park blaming. In this case it's a lot of comments discussing how powerful the ride is and asking if the people had forgotten to follow the instructions and put their heads back into the rest.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Garet said:

But the article does mention 'However, the facility has been closed since the 12th of this month and has been under inspection for acceleration measurements.'

One thing I love is Japan comment sections. It's not overblown drama or park blaming. In this case it's a lot of comments discussing how powerful the ride is and asking if the people had forgotten to follow the instructions and put their heads back into the rest.

The S&S vests have a bit of give to them... If I were to guess, a potential outcome for this might be for the vests to be modified to lock like Wild Eagle's or a B&M flying coaster's, to prevent people from turning around.

On 8/20/2021 at 10:33 PM, SharkTums said:

I don't understand this. From what I understand nothing has been changed on this coaster since 2017, and I don't think the launch was messed with and that's been running since 2001.

Yes, it feels like getting hit by a truck, but in a good way. As long as you follow directions and keep your head back it's fine.  Are the Japanese getting as bad as us with following directions? We can't even blame foreigners right now!

Agreed, we definitely thought it was the most intense launch we have ever experienced but we had our heads back as well.

I can definitely see how this ride would mess you up pretty badly if you are dumb enough to try to keep your head forward for some reason, stupidity is a universal language though so I can definitely see 4 people out of however many people who go on this ride every year either not paying attention or doing it on purpose. 

The seats are huge and the train is comfortable, I agree with above that the most suspect part of the ride is the transition to the loop. But it's not near as bad as like, Raptor's snap into brake run. 

This coaster is an absolute gem and treasure, I really hope it continues to run for many more years. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SharkTums said:

^^Bring back the Airtime Hill of Hot Death instead of the stupid loop!!!

as much as I dislike Ejector air?  that woulda killed me!  

LOL. . .  but I loved the hangtime in the loop. . and the night time fire!

IMG_0243.JPG

3 hours ago, Garet said:

Granted it's Vice and AV Club, but it's crazy to me that this story is showing up in articles internationally.

From the vice article, this is what a few of us had already thought and would absolutely mess your body up on this ride... 

"According to Mainichi Shimbun, one of the riders who reported injury said she may have been sitting forward during the ride."

“If they detected no serious concerns with the actual ride, then it could be the way people were sitting. But if a person was sitting incorrectly, say with space between their backs and their seat, it’s the responsibility of the park employees to check their seating position,” he said.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:26 PM, SharkTums said:

^^Bring back the Airtime Hill of Hot Death instead of the stupid loop!!!

That was the most frightening moment of airtime ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2021 at 8:33 PM, SharkTums said:

It truly is a rush and I was planning to get hit by a truck again in the next few yrs whenever I could get back to Japan. I remember very strict rules (arms down, heads back) so I’m shocked if people on the ride weren’t following them during the launch.

I definitely miss the OMFG airtime Top Hat. 

Rode it once in 2003.
It was intense but no worse than other coasters I had ridden.
I DO remember that the ride ops made me take off my hat and gloves (this was December) since they said they could fly off. Hat I could understand but gloves? I was holding the bar tightly! So the thing I remember is how cold I was after the ride!

^ I had a small crumbled tissue in my pocket, that I had forgotten was there, but they spotted the tiny pocket bulge and was told to go put it in a locker. I didn't spot the trash can nearby and had to locker it in exchange for a wristband locker key much bigger than a tissue.

• Haha 3

I don't recall any issues at Fuji-Q when we went in 2019 (in regards to having to get a locker vs using zippered pockets). . but we had such a great day there, maybe I just don't recall?

tho I DO remember the ops at Thunder Dolphin in La Qua actually patting some of us down to make sure our pockets were empty

10 hours ago, bert425 said:

tho I DO remember the ops at Thunder Dolphin in La Qua actually patting some of us down to make sure our pockets were empty

OMG that was so unnecessary.  There isn't a hint of a g-force on Thunder Dolphin.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

^^ When that happened to me, on the 2013 Japan Tour, I just looked at the "Locker Key Whatever the F" and thought....

"You have got to be kidding me!"

And that one, plus what I remember of the "Thunder Dolphin Experience" (2007) were both WTF moments in regards to lockers, blah blah.

And By The Way..... I couldn't find where this new coaster was going. A reminder please? Thanks in advance?