TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 4:00 AM, i305isdaddy said:

^ I think this coaster is uniquely suited with a giant flat turn that overlooks Mt. Fuji.

I can’t think of any other ride with a similar setup that would benefit from this.

I was trying to think about that as well, maybe at Cedar Point? They could probably build some kind of cool structure around Millennium Force's first turn around, or the Valravn lift/drop? An observation deck a could hundred feet in the air at that park would be cool for the views so it might work.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything about the planned 2022 coaster? I did a bit of digging around today as I figured with a budget of $36m construction could be starting soon but couldn't find anything. I wasn't sure if it had maybe been delayed by covid. 

^^ & ^^^

Actually...I was thinking that maybe CP could build an Observation Deck in one of the turns of....GEMINI. Maybe the second turn above the loading station? Then it could be like a (separate entry?) Cheering Stand, everybody cheering the trains along? I think that would be awesome to climb stairs, and enjoy it! :smile:

You may now continue, with your 🗻 Fuji-Queue-ing...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fuji Q have announced the closure of the Evangelion exhibit: 

To those not sure what it was, it was a walkthrough area with models, cockpits etc from the anime. Reportedly the closure is to free up space for the new rollercoaster.

Some random pictures I took inside when I went in the exhibit once when the other big rides had already closed the queue lines for the day:

P1060661.jpg

P1060663.jpg

P1060664.jpg

P1060665.jpg

P1060666.jpg

• 1 month later...

image.png.dac4de0df68a2da79187d33cb5970e00.pngI

Fuji Q will be adding more thrilling capsules to the ferris wheel, 2 cage enclosures where you'll be completely exposed to the winds but in true Fuji Q style this probably popular add on will only have 2 gondolas. This in addition to the 4 existing almost all glass couple capsules.

"Shining Flower" is a 50m-high Ferris wheel "Shining Flower" located in the center of the park. Two of the 32 gondola gondola are made of stainless steel net with cage-shaped walls. It will be replaced with an enclosed "prison", and the prisoners will be punished for about 11 minutes in a windswept cage, enjoying the "thrill" of seeing the ground far below through the gaps and enduring the ridicule of the surroundings. You can spend your time. In addition, the seats are side-by-side for two so that you can regret your sins toward the magnificent Mt. Fuji that spreads out in front of you and change your mind as much as possible before you are released.

With the introduction of "Kun Gokun Jail Gokun" this time, a total of 6 units will be special specification gondola, including 4 units of "Skel-chan Sukumu-chan" that are all transparent from the ceiling to the floor.

You can use it as a place to reflect on and rehabilitate past bad deeds. You can use it as a punishment game with your friends. Fuji-Q Highland is waiting for you who want to be punished.

Source

On 5/12/2021 at 12:34 AM, bert425 said:

^ I did not go in there back in 2019, but I could SWEAR there was a dark ride of some sort in there as well?

was there one at some point?

No, I remember following a line of people thinking there'd be a ride of some sort and it just led to a giant mecha head that did a mini show of flashing lights, projections and noises. Was kind of cool to see but the anime fans probably got a bigger kick out of it than me. I do like anime but there was always so many fighting giant robot shows that I never really got into Gundham or this.

We did the glass enclosed "lovers car" back in 2013. It was a trip.

Don't think I'd want to be standing up during my entire ride cycle on this, now.

146688886_ResizeofIMG_2648.JPG.9c748b525f49d3d56e94ed4a7d01142a.JPG

It was fun, while it lasted. July 3, 2013. And being able to sit was nice, too. TPR 2013 Japan Tour.

After riding the stand-up, caged-in Parachute Drop at Tokyo Dome City back in 2015 I'd be willing to give it a shot.  The parachute drop was freaky because any little breeze made the cage sway.  A rigid structure like a ferris wheel probably won't be as terrifying.  Probably.

• 1 month later...

Dododonpa closed until further notice

https://www.fujiq.jp/en/news/h5f6de000002iuuw.html

Thank you for your continued patronage of Fuji-Q Highland.

"Do Dodonpa" will be suspended for the time being from August 12, 2021 (Thursday) due to a safety overhaul.

At our attraction "Do Dodonpa", a total of 4 injuries have been reported by passengers who boarded between December 18, 2020 and August 12, 2021.

Currently, the causal relationship between injuries and amusement machines has not yet been confirmed.

We would like to express our deepest sympathies to the injured customers and cause a great deal of inconvenience to them, but we will endeavor to investigate the cause under the guidance of the government. Suspension

Cervical and Spine injuries according to Yahoo news

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/a83519ee8263f14199cf56fd684c67528d6d195e

Fuji-Q Highland (Fujiyoshida City, Yamanashi Prefecture) announced on August 20 that four accidents involving injuries such as cervical vertebrae compression fractures had occurred from December last year to August this year at the Do-Dodompa large amusement facility. Normally, the accidents should be reported to Yamanashi Prefecture and other authorities immediately after they occur, but this time they were reported and announced eight months after the first accident.

According to Yamanashi Prefecture and Fuji-Q Highland, there were a total of four injury reports in December last year, May, July and August this year. They said that the injured person suffered cervical or thoracic spine injuries after the ride and went to the hospital, where it was found that the bones were broken.

Fujikyu Highland says there was no abnormality in the inspection on the day of the alleged injury, and that it has not been able to explain the causal relationship between the injury and the facility. However, the facility has been closed since the 12th of this month and has been under inspection for acceleration measurements.

Following this report, Yamanashi Prefecture and a national accident investigation panel will conduct an on-site investigation from the 21st. The prefectural government will provide guidance on the fact that the accident was not reported immediately after it occurred, and will also request that the operation of the facility be suspended until the cause of the accident is investigated and measures to prevent a recurrence are agreed.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

that is EXACTLY what it feels like.

but if you're leaning back into the seat (ie: prepared for it), it was awesome.

got 2 (maybe 3?) rides on it in 2019, and loved the speed of it. (tho it was only my 3rd favorite coaster in the park)

I thoroughly expect the super-strict Japanese government authorities to kill this coaster, even if just as punishment for not reporting the injuries right away.  Sad, I was looking forward to it if I ever got out to Japan.

I don't understand this. From what I understand nothing has been changed on this coaster since 2017, and I don't think the launch was messed with and that's been running since 2001.

Yes, it feels like getting hit by a truck, but in a good way. As long as you follow directions and keep your head back it's fine.  Are the Japanese getting as bad as us with following directions? We can't even blame foreigners right now!

• Like 2

I've read a few more news pages about it and as far as I can tell, they're not actually sure what caused the injuries, so they haven't singled out the launch as the cause.

In my opinion, I think it could be the pot hole before the loop where it switches from the old track to the new. It was pretty bad when I rode it in January last year, so I can't imagine how bad it's gotten since then.