TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

I am looking to go circa 6/24... I am staying overnight the day before near the park. Sounds like my best strategy is to head earlier to the central skip pass booth by the Carousel to get 2x for each of the big four in consecutive hours for the first few hours...

How early before opening do I have to line up to achieve such?

What is the easiest/most efficient path to catch a late day Kyoto bound Shinkansen from the park? Some routing options suggest doubling back toward the city... I'll have a JR pass.

So is the haunted hospital, not available open at all anymore?

• 2 weeks later...

This just in, for you Collectors Of.......theme park stuff.

eBay has several of these on it's site, and pretty rea$onable for a TOMICA "car."

I bought one, of course. For under $15 U.S. With free shipping! I liked that.

Do-Dodonpa.jpg.cd66c06992d32bc2aba7e6d645124f3f.jpg

• 3 months later...

DoDoDonpa 100% lived up to the hype and the launch is unlike any other coaster element (airtime, zero g, lateral, etc) in that it is just best described as pure bliss. Following the launch the dip down provides a great pop of air and the loop pulls some serious g's at the bottom while giving some hangtime at the top. Since the trains use real tires it is bouncy at times so depending on your tolerance that will effect how much you like it. It's not a jackhammer by any means.

Make the visit to ride it if you can you will not be disappointed! Also it shoots fire at night.

20191009_155026.thumb.jpg.708bf15e2e6d27a5640305c66ae5bd10.jpg

20191009_174656.thumb.jpg.d2c6caf7d33246b8ff952df3245fd516.jpg

• 3 months later...

The parent company of Fuji-Q Highland has announced that a new large coaster will debut at the park in the Summer of 2022! For reference, this addition will cost approximately 3.6 billion yen which puts it on par with how much was spent to build Eejanaika in 2006

img_0035_11.thumb.jpg.9c599cb28911395651a649b4e45de4e6.jpg

Photo credit: Bert425

https://www.fujikyu.co.jp/data/news_pdf/pdf_file2_783.pdf

Fujikyuko Co., Ltd. (Address: Koichirou Horiuchi, President: Fujiyoshida City, Yamanashi Prefecture) Has announced that it will introduce a new large coaster in the summer of 2022

Overview of the new coaster

Name: TBD

Investment amount: Approximately 3.6 billion yen

• Reference:
  • FUJIYAMA (opened in 1996) about 3 billion yen
  • Dodonpa (opened in 2001) About 3 billion yen
  • Eejanaika(opened in 2006) About 3.6 billion yen
  • Takabisha (opened in 2011) About 3 billion yen
  • Do Dodonpa (opened in 2017) Approximately 1.5 billion yen (*) (*) "Dodonpa" renewal amount)

Scheduled to open: July 2022 (planned) The name and details will be announced separately as soon as they are determined.

Edited by jedimaster1227

I'd insert a joke about how low capacity it will be, but my visits to Fuji have been steadily getting better and better and most of their coasters when they opened were record-breakers (although I still don't understand how Eejanaika's inversion were counted) or looked pretty unique (the pretezl loop shuttle, the indoor shooting thing) l, so I'm really curious what will show up.

IMG_0018.thumb.JPG.2963394779f72c99c52d3f96b591f516.JPG

IMG_0019.thumb.JPG.056ebd7ed84ef4ddbc8dcfe3f84ad0af.JPG

^I'm with you on the inversion count. I visited in 2007, and simply couldn't see how one would say that there are 14 inversions. Even being generous with some of the ambiguous parts (the full-full and half-half), and even throwing in the overbank turn and initial rotation out of the station, that's still only 7 inversions. It's a mystery to me.

I wonder if it will go where the Tidal Wave type ride is near Eejanaika?

as I noted in my TR from the day we were there? . there were several closed attractions over there and I wondered out loud if something new/new theming was going to come in over there.

I'd hazard an assumption that it generally costs Japanese parks a lot more than their western equivalents, considering 99% of the major manufacturers are very far away from them there.

Manufacturing, labour and construction time must be affected with that sort of thing majorly.

I hope its a huge RMC, maybe one of the new single rail RMC designs.

I'd hazard an assumption that it generally costs Japanese parks a lot more than their western equivalents, considering 99% of the major manufacturers are very far away from them there.

Manufacturing, labour and construction time must be affected with that sort of thing majorly.

I hope its a huge RMC, maybe one of the new single rail RMC designs.

While it's true that Steel Dragon 2000 cost twice as much as Millennium Force, that was because of the supposedly earthquake-proof support structure and the added length. Based on that case alone, I'd agree with your assumption, but as has already been pointed out, this new investment has the exact same price tag as Eejanaika. Adjusting for inflation, yes, we're probably going to see something a little bit more cost-efficient. But it's not like we're looking at the equivalent of a $20 million USA coaster or anything; it'll be pretty true to its (as has been pointed out, ~$36M) price tag even if it costs a little bit more than an American coaster would.