TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

There's a chance someone will beat me to it.

Also, don't expect onride footage.

These guys are pretty uptight about cameras on rides. I know they didn't even let Robb, the king of good park relations bring his on Dodonpa!

Sometime about 23 September is the earliest I expect to get to Fuji-Q after the opening. That's also typhoon season, so wish me luck!

Ebony?

As they manipulate all the pieces of the coaster around creating those weird supports, the wire rope used to support the pieces during lifting rubs the paint off. Since those supports are so crazy, they have to move them around a lot as they build them. Hence, all the patches without the black paint. I will say that they are repainting as they go, as some of the places I had noticed with primer showing before have been repainted.

There's a chance someone will beat me to it.

Also, don't expect onride footage.

These guys are pretty uptight about cameras on rides. I know they didn't even let Robb, the king of good park relations bring his on Dodonpa!

I'm already working in this direction... Maybe next year we'll have onride POV.

My car is in the shop, so I can't go to the park today. (Plus I need to save my cash, I'm going to Europe monday!) If anybody is interested, I'll be at Walibi World and Toverland Tuesday, Drievliet and Efteling Wednesday, and Bobbejaanland and (hopefully) Walibi Belgium on Thursday!

I am supposed to get my car back today, so when I get back from the TPR UK Trip, I'll be making my next trip to Fuji-Q. The track should be finished by then, and if I'm lucky, they'll be testing the coaster, too!

So, look for my next update here @ the 26th or 27th!

I'd consider myself to be a pretty good X junkie. Here's what I can tell so far:

I'll use the same Right Side Up (RSU) and Up Side Down (USD) terms for the train, but I'll try a different notation for the rotation of the seats: 0 - 540 degrees. 0 is when the rails are closest to the running rails, or at the tip of the track, and 540 is as low as I believe they go on X, which is 1½ turns from the 0 position. The seat rotations are approximate, I have no idea what the exact angles are, but that should give you a pretty good idea what is happening.

X's Layout (based on my own experience)

Train leaves station: Train RSU, seats ~135 (recliner-like position).

Train climbs lift hill: Train RSU, seats ~135 (now upright, due to lift hill incline).

Train goes over first drop: Train RSU (vertical), seats flip forward to 360 (facing forward, and down).

Train reaches bottom of hill: Train RSU, seats continue forward to 540 (upright, facing backwards).

Inside Raven Turn: Train now USD, seats rotate gradually to 360 (upright, facing forward).

Full Backflip: Train USD, seats rotate to 0 (still upright, facing forward).

Big Curve: Train USD, seats 0 (no change).

Half Half: Train now RSU, seats rotate to 180 (upright, now facing backward).

Outside Raven Turn: Train now USD, seats rotate to 360 (upright, facing forward).

Half Half: Train now RSU, seats rotate to 180 (upright, facing backward).

Brake Run: Train still RSU, seats return to recliner position of about 135.

Eejanaika's Layout (based on pictures)

Train leaves station: Train RSU, seats ~135 (recliner-like position).

Train climbs lift hill: Train RSU, seats ~135 (now upright, due to lift hill incline).

Train goes over first drop: Train RSU (vertical), seats flip forward to 360 (facing forward, and down).

Train reaches bottom of hill: Train RSU, seats continue forward to 540 (upright, facing backwards).

Inside Raven Turn: Train now USD, seats rotate All the way to 0 (upright, facing forward).

Full Full: Train flips from USD to RSU to USD again, seats rotate forward to 360 (still upright, facing forward).

Overbanked Curve: Train USD, seats 360 (no change).

Half Half: Train now RSU, seats rotate backwards to 180 (upright, now facing backward).

Outside Raven Turn: Train now USD, seats rotate to 360 (upright, facing forward).

Half Half: Train now RSU, seats rotate to 180 (upright, facing backward).

Brake Run: Train still RSU, seats return to recliner position of about 135.

I've bolded the differences on Eejanaika. The last 3 elements on Eejanaika after the first Half Half I am just guessing they are the same as X. Comments/Corrections are welcome!

Matt

The bolding almost stands out better in black and white

The Fujikyu website has been updated to include some teaser video clips from everybody's favorite animation guru.

The layout IS different from X and the video clearly shows one of the fun changes that NOBODY had caught onto yet.

Looking forward to riding this very soon!

I know this isn't exactly on topic, please forgive my ignorance...

But is there any recent word on when the TPR trip to Japan might take place? I know the Alveys are still busy with the UK trip, but I'm 100% going to go on the Japan trip... just wanted to know when abouts it might be...

The Fujikyu website has been updated to include some teaser video clips from everybody's favorite animation guru.

The layout IS different from X and the video clearly shows one of the fun changes that NOBODY had caught onto yet.

Looking forward to riding this very soon!

can we gat a link...im at the site but i dont see it

ok i did see a video that looks like it had a MCBR on it (mid course break run)

Actually Jarmor, I think a few people did actually catch onto that...myself included - if you are referring to the back-flip at the top of the raven. Pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere in this thread when we were all discussing the odd shape of the raven.

Regardless - it looks awesome!