TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

The angles on those joints don't seem very steep, so it looks like it's only the very bottom of the loop. Using YOLOCoaster for reference, I made a rough estimate of how much we're seeing now versus what could be coming:

yolocomparison.png.88e2c7473331047f7c59bd3768ccf4e7.png

Based on that, I'm thinking this could be a lot bigger than we're making it out to be.

On the minus side that launch is the sole reason I turn into a meteorologist on my trips and spend a big chunk planning blank days around Fuji Q so I can adjust and go on the days when a leaf won't even rustle from wind, and I really hope that launch isn't changed.

On the plus side if that launch is changed, I don't have any reason to ever go back to Fuji Q and can finally make time for better parks that I keep saving for a longer trip like Nagashima or Park Espana.

S&S is trying to make the Euthanasia Coaster in real life.

I immediately thought the same thing.

I'm bummed if they are getting rid of the top hat though. That was amazing and I'm glad I got to experience it twice back in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...
^ That loop actually looks quite small. It is definitely not going to have hang time/inverted airtime at the top though, the clothoid is too steep, so it looks to ride like a B and M loop.

Henry. How the hell do you know anything about this project?

Definitely echoing chickenbowl in bitter that the crazy airtime hill is gone.

^ That loop actually looks quite small. It is definitely not going to have hang time/inverted airtime at the top though, the clothoid is too steep, so it looks to ride like a B and M loop.

Slightly rude. No, I was not echoing, I would prefer the term, agreeing. While I do not know any more about this project, I looked at the bottom of the loop, and it very similar shape to one you would expect from a B and M, rather than the ones on the large Mack coasters or Premier's Full Throttle loop. I am also not bitter, as I will never go to this park in my life, so don't mind, however I find this project very interesting. As someone else said, it could just be the angle...

Slightly rude. No, I was not echoing, I would prefer the term, agreeing. While I do not know any more about this project, I looked at the bottom of the loop, and it very similar shape to one you would expect from a B and M, rather than the ones on the large Mack coasters or Premier's YOLOcoaster loop. I am also not bitter, as I will never go to this park in my life, so don't mind, however I find this project very interesting. As someone else said, it could just be the angle...

He's just saying that your interpolation of the size of the loop is probably very inaccurate. Also the second line is about himself, not you

I looked at the bottom of the loop, and it very similar shape to one you would expect from a B and M, rather than the ones on the large Mack coasters or Premier's YOLOcoaster loop. I am also not bitter, as I will never go to this park in my life, so don't mind, however I find this project very interesting. As someone else said, it could just be the angle...

I would have to disagree, while what is there does look like a B&M loop, its probably approaching 50ft so far, and its not really close to vertical so i reckon it will be going to at least 150ft, probably closer to 180ft depending on how sharp/rounded the top of the loop is.

Full speed launch plus no trims, would that give it the world's biggest loop?

I'm hesitant to think that this thing would blast full speed at 101 mph into a vertical loop without something to trim it down beforehand. It does look like there is a straight section just after the tunnel that would be perfect for a few trim brakes. Either that or I could see the launch being slowed, but if they keep it the same and no trims and it works, good for them.

I could really see them going for a height record on the loop. While it doesn't look big so far, it kind of looks like there is going to be another set of supports going up right behind the existing ones (there looks to be another support up on that hillside).

You have been banned twice now for making stupid posts and each time we have told you "stop making stupid posts" yet you still continue to do so. This is your last warning. Stop making stupid posts. I'm going to guess you won't be on our forums for much longer...

^Sorry Robb, it was not meant to annoy or be obnoxious, it was just an opinion. Upon further inspection, I feel my lack of judgement on the loop is due to the large track size, which is larger than normal, meaning my perspective was incorrect.

• 3 weeks later...

This will probably add another hour to the "usual" queue time

(which was usually 1-3 hours on average, last times I was there) Dodonpa had, before.

Repeat after me...."Capsule Machines are our Friends"......*"^~