TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

If I were to guess; A New launch system, Magnetic brakes, and maybe a repaint.

I hope they leave that launch alone, I don't think I've experienced another like it and think it may be the sole reason i tolerate return visits to Fuji-Q. From what I've seen on other TR's (anyone else elaborate, I haven't been on them) the new versions in China don't have quite the same punch to them.

The new ones are still really intense. The initial kick is definitely more crazy than Xcelerator, TTD and Zaturn. But it is still not Dodonpa as the train is so much larger and heavier.

• 1 month later...
Translation: "In July 2017, [Dodonpa will] reappear with a new layout"

I wonder what "the new layout" will look like? And my next question would be:

Will it be worth the usual 3 hour+ wait?

#BeingOptimistic

G11_GoodDodonpaShot_FujiQ.jpg.1832a9b862a96c21fa213a50d43210dd.jpg

I wonder if this part will be moved? TPR 2011 Japan Tour.

I made this with Nolimits2. IT IS NOT THE OFFICIAL DESIGN

Dondonpa Bakuhatsu will be the tallest roller coaster in Asia, fastest roller coaster in Japan, and the launch would remains as the fastest acceleration in the world. In order to achieve this new layout, the giant splash would be removed and the new 107m (351ft) tower would be directly facing Mt. Fuji. Riders can enjoy the breath taking view before taking the 340ft tall vertical drop. The layout including a high speed turn, 351ft tall top hat, an off-axis Stengel Dive, the original giant turn, a "Mt. Fuji Arch" zero G stall, Outward banked turn that wraps around the Ferris Wheel, an overbanked turn and a heart line roll.

IMG_0061.thumb.JPG.a884a2e65e3c558bd1b37b63e79b5052.JPG

IMG_0062.thumb.JPG.da194097b088767ea3ff350a417d014d.JPG

Translation: "In July 2017, [Dodonpa will] reappear with a new layout"

I wonder what "the new layout" will look like? And my next question would be:

Will it be worth the usual 3 hour+ wait?

#BeingOptimistic

Maybe I've just been super-lucky for my trips but since I love the launch I always make it the first line of the day and though it never opens on time (this is Fuji Q after all) I've always managed to avoid that 3 hour line I see in the afternoon, or a long morning line, even if i'm late into the park because of the huge entrance line. So many people always seem to run past to Eejanaika or Takabisha or even Fujiyama and completely ignore Dodonpa at opening. Seems strange because the other coasters never seem to get past 60-90 minutes the whole day but Dodonpa is packed even on a quiet day. I tend to end up in one of those 60 minute lines if the fast pass place hasn't opened. Although I've learnt since then to get credits first and flats later, seeing Fujiyama with a much shorter line in the afternoon and jumping in was foolish since they removed a train (because Fuji Q) and made the line just as long a wait.

I still haven't done the haunted hospital yet, the line is either too long or fast passes sold out or it's closed. I think i'm jinxed on that. I haven't done the rapids yet either, the last few winter trips they've had shields on the ride that makes it two person rafts.... because Fuji Q.

I like your concept Yin, but I feel like they would want to keep Fujiyama as the tallest coaster in the park.

Maybe they do but wouldn't it also be nice for them if they could break a record like that without building an entirely new coaster?

Anyway, I'm really curious to see how it turn out.

I still haven't done the haunted hospital yet, the line is either too long or fast passes sold out or it's closed. I think i'm jinxed on that. I haven't done the rapids yet either, the last few winter trips they've had shields on the ride that makes it two person rafts.... because Fuji Q.

We lucked out on getting into the Haunted Hospital, last time TPR toured there in 2013. I think we went to it in the early afternoon, and the line up was nothing. True, they had to wait "so many minutes" between people going into it. But the wait for that was minor. Just our luck.

2065968164_ResizeofIMG_2656.JPG.2d1504cca48542581c86f3f9efd22068.JPG

The Haunted Hospital at Fuji-Q ~ Queue was behind the wall, but there was hardly anyone there, lucky for us!

TPR 2013 Japan Tour ~ 1:50pm ~ July 3, 2013.

• 2 months later...

I visited the park on the 11th. Fujiyama was down for "strong winds" but my sister and I agreed they were probably just low staffed and needed people to shovel snow. Took a pic from the Ferris wheel of the work going on for Dodonpa. It looks like they have new footers being formed. I couldn't tell you how the footers translate to track design though.

IMG_1689.thumb.JPG.3fc5582b924ff467e8a70a44c0f181b8.JPG

^Looks like the insane "kill your nuts" hill has gone. Wouldn't it be the must Fuji-Q thing in the world if the only change was the removal of the only hill and then just have it go up into the brake run from there? I'd say without that hill and the insane pop at the top, perhaps it would mean they could install longer trains for capacity but.... it's Fuji-Q.

Edited by Garet

^That's sad. That ride had two amazing things going for it:

1. Hit by a truck launch.

2. Scariest OMFG moment of airtime ever on that hill.

In true Fuji-Q fashion they've 'halved' it!

Hopefully something cool comes out of all this, but I just don't trust the place.

This is probably a really stupid question, but do these Japanese/Asian parks really stay open year-round? Even with snow? Why can't US parks do this!

Because Americans are wimps, and way to sue happy.

"Oh god, it's cold. . . Oh god, I got a snowflake in my eye. I'M SUING!"

This is probably a really stupid question, but do these Japanese/Asian parks really stay open year-round? Even with snow? Why can't US parks do this!

In Japanese culture the worker is loyal to his employer and the employer is loyal his employees. The concept of seasonal work is not a long standing concept in Japan. So even if an employer closed they would still pay the employees, so they might as well stay open.

Despite the horrendously inefficient operations, the operators were all dedicated and cheerful. It was interesting to see the mix between rides that were obviously down until there was warmer weather and those that I was surprised were still operating due to the cold and snow.