TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

I would only speculate this comment, but I would assume the reason for the additional supports/bracing is to combat the potential earthquake requirements. I notice that the Steel Dragon hypercoaster has extensive support structure and bracing.

That is exactly the right reason, because Japan is known to have such strong earthquakes so they have to prevent it. I guess it will add some fun to the "OMG I'M GOING TO HIT A SUPPORT" feeling, with that coaster being a 4D too ...

This thing has a ton of supports! Wow! Fuji's coaster might end up being one of the most expensive coaster in the world. So much steel is used for the coaster - it looks like ever 5 feet there is a support connector.
Actually, it looks like it has about the same amount of supports as X does.

See here on X. The raven turn has four supports attached to it, just like the Japanese one does. The different shape of the supports might be because S&S improved on the design.

Look at the amount of supports on this section of X (the drop after the turnaround). The same amount of supports are present on the new one, too.

I thought of something.

Fuji-Q is pretty close to Mt. Fuji, less than 5 or ten miles from the crater. Most vulcanologists (volcano scientists) consider Fuji to be extinct or dormant, while the Japanese insist that it is active. This "activity" would include local seismological events. The 'extra' supports may be due to the proximity of the volcano as much as Japan-in-general's seismic activity.

I thought of something.

Fuji-Q is pretty close to Mt. Fuji, less than 5 or ten miles from the crater. Most vulcanologists (volcano scientists) consider Fuji to be extinct or dormant, while the Japanese insist that it is active. This "activity" would include local seismological events. The 'extra' supports may be due to the proximity of the volcano as much as Japan-in-general's seismic activity.

I would say this is on the money. Structures in the earthquake prone regions of Japan are very heavilly constructed. So I would assume this to automatically have more supports than X. Looking at pictures it is clear that this happens with many coasters in Japan. It looks amazing though and the supports will give some real tunnel effects and head-choppers!!!

I think that the layout would be - Station/Right-hand U-turn/Lift/Thrill Hill/Initial Drop/Inside Raven-Turn/In-line Twist/Large Left-hand U-turn/Hill with a front or backwards flip/Outside Raven-Turn/Small Hill/Brake Run - It seems logical with the footings in the pictures and the layout so far. (Picture from RCDB.com)

unknown14.thumb.jpg.9727bd9c16a2718746be56b47ce3a4fe.jpg

The red points out the element. The yellow is track. The green shows the cars rotation (fowards/backwards)

Next weekend I think. From the website it doesn't look like they've done that much apart from put the full-full in. I'd like to see some more track near the outside raven really.

If those pictures were a little bigger,

No problem

Heres a few more

Edit: sorry forgot to add the credit.

got those from here. http://bbs6.fc2.com/php/e.php/coaster/ a very nice little japanese forum.

This coaster looks really happy, literally! In that last picture, the piece of track laying underneath the second raven turn looks like a happy face!

I made a model of my theorized layout to better describe my idea. (Made with RCT2) It has two trains and is shown at the first drop. The raven turn is located at the centerof the picture.

I actually think that the outside one will be reversed, in that it will then do one of the roll-overs that are on X. If you look at the pics above my post, the raven turn is positioned in the way that the track is inverted closer to the station.

I forgot that I promised Justin Garanovic of First Drop Magazine that I would send him some new photos in time for his deadline. That means I need to go this week after all.

I'm going to be published?!?

Actually he said that he already used some of my pictures in an earlier issue! How come nobody told me? So, since he's actually gotten a hold of me directly, he's sending me complimentary copies of the issues that my pictures are in. COOL! Free swag!

Stand by for photos Saturday night or Sunday night.

Heya all

back from my (sort of working) hols.

Came across these this morning from the Kazu Forums

http://bbs1.whocares.jp/bb/view.jsp?bbn=drkssk

http://bbs1.whocares.jp/bb/pimg?bbn=drkssk&ccid=270&tp=jpg

http://bbs1.whocares.jp/bb/pimg?bbn=drkssk&ccid=269&tp=jpg

http://bbs1.whocares.jp/bb/pimg?bbn=drkssk&ccid=271&tp=jpg

cool news on being published. cant wait to see them

Th Full-Full looks so amazing. Completely under-supported compared to the rest of the ride!

I've noticed similar under-supporting on Tatsu as well during its twisting inversions. It could be that because the train is doing something similar to a Zero-G roll, there will not be a lot of excess force on the track at that point, unlike say at the bottom of a hill where there will be tremendous downforce on the track.