TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

I just find it saddening a lot of people think X is just so unreliable.

Sure it had its hishaps when it first opened, but after the re-opening, its just top notch. There was one year that we had Wed. Maint. Day, but that was just the regular maint. Wheel changes, oil up here, lube up there. Thats all Maint. Wed. was for.

The ride will usually go down for the day. Its pretty normal for any ride really. X just happens to burn wheels a lot faster. Trains are pretty hefty, your bound to burn one or two. Prox boxes will usually trigger a code or a fault. Couple of cycles and clicking the "OK" button and its fine. If it opens late, its usually a maint. thing.

Most people complain about the wait times saying that the ride is supposed to make 1600 an hour. Yet, most people dont know that the 1600 pph is based on a 3 train operation. X doesnt run a 3 train operation. It CAN, but its just not possible.

X is a great ride. Its fun and thrilling. People love it to death, but yet they hate it with a passion for the breakdowns.

I bet a whole bunch of people would shut up if they just added Fastlane to the ride. Sure, I'm bias, since I have the Extreme pass... or whatever the hell it is... and get free fast lane, but hey... I love X... just hate the line and knowing that if I want to ride it I have to get to the park at opening. A drag, sure. But it's my favorite coaster, simply because it's so incredibly unlike any other (and my sick obsession with "zipper" rides).

They did have Flashpass(its called Flashpass now) at a time, long time ago, but it just didnt work.

Really, the only thing that lags the ride is the checking of the harnesses.

People have to sit down.

Adjust the harness.

Check the harness.

Rotate the seats.

Check the harness again.

Then your able to dispatch. Maybe if there was a way to raise and lower the rails at unload and load, it wouldnt be that bad.

If there were a single rider line on X or this future 4d ride in Japan, we would see a nice reduction in wait times, There are MANY seats that are only filled by one person (when groups of 3 ride or odd groups) if we could fill these seats by the single riders we would shorten wait times! Of course there would need to be some way to have a single rider line up, it could be to the right of the front row line, the single riders would que up there and wait for instructions from the ride op when a single seat was available. Thus taking the single riders out of the general que and helping the ride achieve maximum hourly capacity. The rule for X should be NO SEAT goes empty! At 7 minutes per train cycle (load unload) One train operation, we cannot afford to have empty seats, it just kills me!

Well you can always write to management at

Six Flags Magic Mountain

26101 Magic Mountain Parkway

Valencia, California 91355

I do believe that they did try a single rider line and had some problems with it a few years ago, I have never seen it myself although I think with a little bit of tweaking and figuring out how they can get the single riders up to the station it could work out. Although since there are two seperate sides to the station (that are not accessible to each other) it makes it very tricky. I do believe that having a single rider line would help move the lines along more quickly and that would be worth the investment in figuring out how to get the single riders up to the station. Especially since X regularly has a 4 hour wait time in the summer! C R A Z Y !

Of course there would need to be some way to have a single rider line up, it could be to the right of the front row line, the single riders would que up there and wait for instructions from the ride op when a single seat was available.

Thats a designated emergency line inside of the station for both sides of the station. That line is restricted for other....things.

The only other way you can probably make a single rider line would be to mix it with the handicap line/gate. Deja Vu's single rider line works really well.

Based on these tiny, but up-to-date photos, they have attached track to the outside raven turn, built up the supports for the top of the lift hill and extended the track further into the full-full. The station has also gone vertical, and now looks pretty big in these little pictures.

The seemingly out-of-order assembly now makes sense to me, as the construction is occuring from the front of the park and moving towards the back.

By the time I get there in April, the full-full should be complete and track should be climbing down the lift hill.

I can't wait! I wish I knew when this sucker was opening so I could count down to the day I finally get to ride a 4D coaster. Sadly, I think I'll be in Australia about the time it is supposed to open.

I can't wait! I wish I knew when this sucker was opening so I could count down to the day I finally get to ride a 4D coaster. Sadly, I think I'll be in Australia about the time it is supposed to open

Adding insult to injury... how horrible. Anyways hope you'll get to remain in Japan long enough to ride this. Then you can go ride Superman:Escape.

I can't wait! I wish I knew when this sucker was opening so I could count down to the day I finally get to ride a 4D coaster. Sadly, I think I'll be in Australia about the time it is supposed to open

Adding insult to injury... how horrible. Anyways hope you'll get to remain in Japan long enough to ride this. Then you can go ride Superman:Escape.

I suspect that you were being a little sarcastic, Gnome, but I feel that I need to dispel any beliefs you or anyone else may have that my experience in the Navy is all Rollercoasters and fun.

Yes, I have gotten to live in Japan for three years, and this has provided me an wonderful opportunity to see a lot of neat stuff, visit lots of amusement parks and meet my lovely wife.

I also spend a LOT of time out to sea, actually more than 50% of the year is spent away from home.

That means I can't see my wife, sleep in my own bed, eat what I want, sleep when I want or even watch what I want on TV.

When I go to sea this summer, yes, we are scheduled for a stop in Australia, a stop in Singapore, one in Thailand and another in Japan. That's four stops in nearly four months, each for only 3 or 4 days, one or two of which are work days. All those other days at sea are work days, often 16 hours a day or more.

So, yeah, in 14 years I've visited 41 countries, but many were on my own time and my own dime. I'm 33 years old, and I've been in the Navy for more than 40% of my life. When they make me go home in a few years, I'll have given over half of my life to the Navy.

So if you think it's been all fun, I'm sorry to say that it hasn't. I've had to give up a lot. If you are thinking that joining the Navy or any other branch of Military service is a great way to see the world, it is, but it has a lot of down side, too.

As for riding the new Superman, I'd love to, but as my ship is very unlikely to be visiting the east coast of Australia in the southern hemisphere's winter, and the restrictions placed upon us in port can get rediculously strict considering we're grown men and all, it is highly unlikely I'll be riding any coasters while I'm there.

/end rant.

I'll be making my final trips to Fuji-Q and DisneySea in September for the 4D and Tower of Terror. I am still hoping to make another construction update in April, and maybe a trip to Parque Espana, too.

Do you guys really think that this is going to do the much talked about full-full? I have always been skeptical about it; my opinion is that it's just going to rotate the track 360 degrees keeping the seats straight forward - kinda like a typical zero G roll. My coaster geekness started showing it's self when I was at magic Mountain Saturday, I was examining everything about X while I was riding it (especially the seat driver that moves up and down. I was also examining the forces at differt points of the ride that I never really payed attention to before. If Fuji's Coaster seat's perform the Full rotation along with the track, no doubt it will be a truly exciting element to say the least, but may end up being a Mega head and Body Banger? I thought this because that particular element is not that high in the air so it might perform the manuvere really fast

All things said are judging from the pics

I would only speculate this comment, but I would assume the reason for the additional supports/bracing is to combat the potential earthquake requirements. I notice that the Steel Dragon hypercoaster has extensive support structure and bracing.