TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

^ I, too, reccomend riding in the front. It's just a better ride, all together.

Heartline would revolve around that purple thing in the center to give both sides an equal ammount of tug.

While, yes, I suppose that would cut down on unwanted forces, for definitions sake, that wouldn't be a heartline.

-Jahan

Anyone noticed that the start of the full full is partially heartlined? I can already see one improvement, but wether or not it will do anything, I don't know...
You can't heartline a 4D. That's not heartlining in the full-full. It's just turning.

Actually I think you can heartline it.

Not quite true. "Heartline" is he wrong term. there IS a "heartlin technique", which is way to complicated to explain though. Bascially, it works with two "lines"...

Yeah, I feel a whole lot better about X already. I should be able to get lots of rides in the front seat.

I know this a dumb question... but what do you consider the front seat on this coaster? The first row to leave the station or the last, because the train dispatches backwards...

The Japan 4d train was at magic about 2 weeks ago testing on X. From reports of some people, the trains did really s*****.

I literally had to join for this comment, hahaha.

Ok, the parts were tested, but NO actual train was set up on the track and cycled. That did NOT happen.

It was only really a pickle fork. It went from transfers to unload to load. Back to unload to transfers and back again like 4 times. But it was just ONE pickle fork, not an entire train.

This one is actually a lot better than the X train. It looks exactly the same, its not as heavy and the restraint locks arent mechanical. They dont use foot pedals to lock and unlock, its all air controlled. Theres two seats on each side, just like X. The seats they used on the test coach were the same seats off the X train. The only thing they really tested was the pickle fork because thats going to be different.

Nope. I don't think so. Atleast I didn't.

Im starting to wonder how many trains this ride will get. Maybe the standard 3 like X. Maybe this one would be efficient enough to run all three of them unlike X. X can run 3 too, but its sort of impossible. Blah who cares.

This construction is seriously exciting to me. Im down for a trip to Jap.

I know someone is going to jump on me for this comment, but in looking at the photo's of the drop, it does not appear to be well over 200 ft. The reason I say this is because Goliath at Magic mountain has a 255ft drop and looks a lot bigger than this new 4D. I know that I'm comparing two different rides from photos but if you look at the coaster behind the people in one of the above pics, it doesn't look much higher than 200ft. Ok let me have it! LOL.......

Mike

I actualy resent my first comment.

Checking back with a few people, lot of text messages later, it seems as though it actually did cycle the track a couple times. The following day I was there though. Thats why I didn't know about it though. HEH!

I know someone is going to jump on me for this comment, but in looking at the photo's of the drop, it does not appear to be well over 200 ft. The reason I say this is because Goliath at Magic mountain has a 255ft drop and looks a lot bigger than this new 4D. I know that I'm comparing two different rides from photos but if you look at the coaster behind the people in one of the above pics, it doesn't look much higher than 200ft. Ok let me have it! LOL.......

Mike

Same here, doesn't look any higher than X to me, and i love X's Laker colors lol, but black and red do look awesome together

A heartline roll cannot be done by this ride for both sides at the same time. The mechanics of a heartline twist is that the track and train are centered around the riders heart. Making the heart the central spining point.

You could create a heartline for one side at a time. However, I think the whipping motion of the opposite side of the train would be quite violent.

Mike

Fuji-Q is not a level playing field.

Fujiyama, at the front of the park is about 15-20 feet above where Double Loop used to be.

Also, remember, the tip top of the lift hill may be 80 meters, but the real drop is from a bit lower, after the dip down.

At no point did I take a photo of the vrtical drop from nearer than between 200 and 300 feet away. Perspective can be a real bear to deal with. I'll see if I can get some kind of picture with a person in it for perspective, but this is kind of a hard coaster to get pictures of. There are construction fences within the park that are about 7 feet tall. I usually have to take my shots from the following places:

The plaza between the Carousel and the Mad Mouse coaster.

(50m) Ferris wheel, as it comes back down from the top.

The 2nd story porch outside one of the park restaurants.

The entrance gate to the work site.

The 'new angle' shots were taken by climbing a staircase at the end of the park employee dormitory.

One whole side of the coaster is lined with trees, and that side is the "back stage" area of the park.

It looks like my next update will be in mid-April.

Sorry!

Oh, by the way. Which coaster behind the 4D are you talking about? Fujiyama (black and white) is 71.5 meters tall, and the Hampster coaster (blue) is 80 feet tall. The angles probably aren't helpful when comparing to coasters around the park, either.

Fuji-Q is not a level playing field.

Yeah I agree it is imposible to work out how tall the coaster is/isn't, especially for those who haven't been to the park during construction. Let the engineers deal with that stuff and just enjoy the ride (that is probably bigger than X ).

I do agree it's hard to judge a picture, especially in my case since I have not been to this park to see it with my own eyes. I was just using a general comparison to the X and Goliath, both of which I see quite frequently. It would be great to see what this ride actually will do and thanks for the photos.

It seems to me that the full-full could be heartlined. I looked at my pics of X and it's hard to tell if the half-half is, though it looks as if it may be.

The term 'heartlining' has never been an accurate name (IMHO). For example, on a B&M invert, whose heart is it spinning around? The person on the left? The person on the right? One of the peeps in the middle? Also, it seems to be logical that it would actually rotate closer to the riders head, since the point of 'heartlining' seems to be to reduce side-to-side head motion by reducing the distance a riders head moves during rotation, thereby reducing neck strain and bashing against over-shoulder restraints.

Now obviously, the trains on 4D's are so wide as to make 'heartlining' effects minimal for the riders, but it could reduce (methinks) stress on the train, by reducing it's centrifugal forces through the roll.

Just my 2 cents.

I really, really hope this one isn't so troubled as the first version.

I loved the concept and loved the ride, but they are so rare most people have to go WELL out of their way to see one.

If all goes well on this new one, I can see more parks taking the plunge and installing them.

At least, I hope. I'm not convinced it won't suffer the same hassles though =(

^ Well - one way or the other.... they're going to find out, hmmm?

Looks great so far. Can't wait to see the test run. And can't wait to (eventually, I hope I hope I hope) ride this, if TPR'08 Tour goes thru, as planned, HINT HINT.

(There has been a fair amount of time between X and this one, yes? Enough time to hopefully figure out mistakes in design and/or construct and execution of...... mmmmm black and red.... just great.)

Great update, I guess we kind of got what we were looking for the mysterious whats going to happen on that Raven turn. I guess I thought that might be the lifthill into that dive but when I saw that it was kindof similiar to X it didn't take me by surprise that much really. I thought about the possibilities of how they could do an inverted lifthill on a fourth dimension like that and move the staircase, the most probable answer would be to make it like a flying coaster or an inverted lifthill, I guess.

Anyways, the layout seems like it might be similiar to X but with a few different tricks and in a little bit of a different order, definately looks cool though.

-Justin

OMFG!!!!!

I don't care if it is similar to X. X is awesome, but I thought it was never gonna happen b/c, I thought that when Arrow Dyniamics went under they were just gonna go those stupid S&S launch rides......... Still this is awesome one more multi-demesnional roller coaster, eat that Magic Mountian, you're not the only one now!........Now if they could put one in Virginia?