TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

The maximum height of this coaster will be 80 meters according to site workers.

According to Google, that's 262 feet, more than 60 feet taller than X. I guess that rules out the possibility of it being entirely a clone.

I think seeing this layout rules it entirely being a clone! Look at it. The second (outside) raven turn will be on the other side of the lift hill. And it has a full-full! I'm so jealous.

I wonder what will happen between the turnaround and second raven turn. Half-half? Hill with a flip? Brake run?

Excellent shots, man. Thanks for this.

I think I'll try to find a hard hat...

Here! Here! I have one I can ship over to you Chris!!!

Wow. Excellent construction shots there.

And I love the color combo of the track and the support framework. Looks nice and evil-looking, heh heh.

Yes, definitely for a bit of a ride next year, huh?

(Keep up the grrreat photo work there too, Chris, by the by...)

Do NOT worry, I happen to have access to a hard hat!

Look how many there are supporting the track. Is there really a need for so much? I dont know about X, but from the pictures I have seen from it, there doesnt seem to be as many.

Because the train is so wide, the supports connecting to the ground has to be quite far away from the track when the track is inverted. This puts alot of stress on the horizontal supports and from what I have heard the 4D trains are also very heavy.

Japan also suffers from "frequent earthquake syndrome". Amazing pictures Chris!

I'm soo jealous of the fact you'll get to go on it this year!

The whole riode just looks so much nicer than X. The millions of supports kinda make the ride look more intimidating at the fact it needs all that support!

Ok to answer questions raised about this coaster:

NCF: Your over hyped about 240 feet, yes taller than X, but its "only" 240ft. note I said "only" I like how its tall and all. I mean X's lift is what 170ft with a 201ft drop?

Coasters 4 Me: Your answer is due to earth quake laws and legislations. For why they have to have so many supports.

Support wise its going to create a tunnel vision effect which is gonna rock.

Anyone noticed that the start of the full full is partially heartlined? I can already see one improvement, but wether or not it will do anything, I don't know...

The maximum height of this coaster will be 80 meters according to site workers.

According to Google, that's 262 feet, more than 60 feet taller than X. I guess that rules out the possibility of it being entirely a clone.

We already knew that when they announced the full-full element....

I dunno, but it sounds like some of you want it to be a clone just so you can bag on it. I personally couldn't care less, all I want to see is the improvement of capacity, and a smoother ride, really.

Anyone noticed that the start of the full full is partially heartlined? I can already see one improvement, but wether or not it will do anything, I don't know...
You can't heartline a 4D. That's not heartlining in the full-full. It's just turning.

GREAT PIX!. The ride is obviously gonna be a hit, and to me a major difference in ride experience. But the height concern in comparison to X?.. Will it matter to a rider? and can u really feel the difference in height when you drop? oh well.. im glad its of a 200'+ height range. n thats good enough for me.

Yeah, you can't heartline a 4D. I think the best would just to be rotate it about the track so both arms are experiencing the same thing. Though it would be quite an interesting ride if you heartlined the roll for one arm, the other would have quite a ride.

Ok, Im sure Im going to find out in a few days when I see it, but Im dying to ask.. How exactly is the full-full element going to look?

It SHOULD look a lot like a B&M zero-g roll with four rails.

It cost me about $200 in tickets, tolls and gas to do this update, don't expect another one before April, I'm not made of $$$!

It looks like a single load / unload station and only 2 train operation. This could concievably change if they use the transfer track for dual loading like Mr. Freeze or Momonga: Standing Looping Coaster, but I wouldn't count on that. Dodonpa routinely has 3+ hour waits on uncrowded days, so I expect similar or worse for this.

Coasters while-you-wait?

Your good....your very good.

Well I am definitely liking what I am seeing. Granted, I wish the station were larger, but still, this ride looks freakin sweet! Much better colors than X's, most definitely! Too bad for that outside raven-turn though--that is really the only "bad" part of X.

-Jahan "One ticket to Japan please" Makanvand

Looks like a possible future TPR trip to Japan became ten times more desirable, Robb will be able to charter a jumbo to fly everyone there from LA.

Really like the look of this I hope some more parks like Cedar Point get one of these.

But this is still a new coaster type that, so far, has been filled with problems. Maybe if this one is better they will become more desireable.

Muchos agreement muchos agreement this could really take S&S one of two ways!

On the one hand sucess on the other well just look at Arrow

You can't heartline a 4D. That's not heartlining in the full-full. It's just turning.

Actually I think you can heartline it.

1624323542_heartline-4D.jpg.2594f030ce70d377cd7962714c8053b1.jpg

Heartline would revolve around that purple thing in the center to give both sides an equal ammount of tug.

It'll be interesting to see the changes, if any that are made to this coaster's trains compared to those on X.

I understand new seats have arrived at SFMM from S&S for X's trains, is there anything different about these or are they just new seats of the same design?

I'm finally going on X on May 21 during an ERT event. I've been wanting to ride it since it first opened. Is it really as rough as some say it is? I'd imagine the ride experience is completely mind blowing.

It is a little rough in the last raven turn, it can someimes cause a small amout of neck pain for a few minutes. Really anything elese that you hear is just people exegerating their expreience on the ride. But yes the first time the ride will blow you away...but it i short.

Last time I was at the park, which was about 2 weeks ago, I got on X twice in a span of 10 minutes. The first ride was in the back of the train, and it was really painful. For comparison sake, the next ride was in the very front row, and it was A LOT smoother. When you go for the ERT day, I'd suggest riding in the very front row.