TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

I think no matter how you do it your gonna have a mess of supports with this kind of coaster. X already had a crap load. A couple more probably wont make much of a difference.

As for what the ride does overall, since everyone else is giving their opinions, I'll give mine. Kind of a mix of whats logical and what would be cool. I'm gonna agree with the 180 right turn out of the station, lift hill, drop to bottom of the Raven turn that is being constructed. If the exit of the first raven turn does end up being Immelman-like, then the track should be in a standard coaster position for the rest of the ride. It goes trough the zero-g-flip-thingy and luge turn like X only the train will be upright. I doubt it would do all this with the seats backwards. It might, but I think its going to face forwards when not inverted (meaning facing foward up the lift and down the drop still doing a flip ant the bottom) as opposed to X. The footers look like they come back around the station and back towards where the crain on the left is. If you look, it looks like it is siting on a very large footer parhaps for a second raven turn similar to X's. Then it will go back into the station. The other elements, if any, I don't think anyone can tell. I would assume a half-half or full-full before the second raven turn meaning it could be either an inside or outside raven turn with either a half-half into the brakes or just brakes after the turn. It will be interesting to see what actually happens.

I agree Racerbret. After looking at that pic of the footers to the right of the lift hill, however, I believe it will be inverted coming out of the first raven...contrary to what i stated earlier...then go into a full-full or some full flip element. Then into an inverted wide swooping luge turn around the station...with an ending very similar to x's into a second smaller raven turn and back into the station...and there's my two cents.

Wow, that element just keeps getting funkier.

A. It's huge.

B. That's a LOT of supports close together!

Too bad he/they didn't get new shots from the ferris wheel. I'd like to see that.

EDIT:

On further examination, there's a lot more vertical than before. It also snowed since I went with Jeezus Juice. (There's now snow on the big box support.)

It seems that the pace of construction has picked up. They only lifted one or two pieces the day we were there. There's a lot more than 14 new pieces up!

Ha! i knew it, the lift has yet to be build, even bigger than this tower,

or a launch

or a skywheel-like lift

all options are great!,

btw, the station COULD be double load, judging from the way it's being buildt

Ha! i knew it, the lift has yet to be build, even bigger than this tower,

or a launch

or a skywheel-like lift

all options are great!,

btw, the station COULD be double load, judging from the way it's being buildt

Thats interesting. Very wierd looking Raven Turn. It looks like they took a loop on No Limits and just ajusted with it to much. Now that we know its gonna be inverted after the exit, I'm begining to think more and more its gonna be, more or less, just X mirrored with litte things here or there to help the ride run better. Hopefully they still do something different element wise, but we'll see.

Can anyone thats been there give mabie a quick estimate to how tall the turn is? Having never been there I cant really get a baring on how big this thing actually is other then really, really big.

Wow--thats very interesting.

You know, I personally think that it wont take this raven turn the same way it takes X's raven turn. The strange shaping and sudden fluctuation of the 3rd and 4th rails leads me to believe you may flip at the top or something.

No clue, just an idea.

-Jahan

• 2 weeks later...