TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

I'm going to have to quash the dual loading rumor. There is only 1 set of footers running through the station, and, if it were to be dual-loading, the station would need to be over 80 ft. wide. Don't forget the wingspan on these trains:20 ft. If it were a dual station, that means 40 ft. of space for just the trains, plus another 40 for gates n' walking room.

I talked about this to Alan Schilke a few years back at IAAPA. I believe my comment was "shouldn't you make the regular one work first".

haha!

The lift won't be inverted. Follow the footers at the bottom of the raven turn. They go in a perfect straight line down the lift hill.

I'm going to have to quash the dual loading rumor. There is only 1 set of footers running through the station, and, if it were to be dual-loading, the station would need to be over 80 ft. wide. Don't forget the wingspan on these trains:20 ft. If it were a dual station, that means 40 ft. of space for just the trains, plus another 40 for gates n' walking room.

?!?

You've never seen a 'stupid' station? The footers adjacent to the station don't look like there's two tracks coming out of or entering the station. That's why I'm not placing any bets. BUT it is wide enough for two tracks plus "operating room." When I say there don't need to be ramps, I mean the ramps don't need to be concrete monstrosities like those at 6FMM, they might be simple stairs bolted to the side of the platform. There doesn't have to be 40 feet of extra station room because over here they often don't let you into the station until they are about to put you on the train. So a lot of stations don't have row queues, air gates, separate load and unload sides, etc.

You should see some of the 'stupid' stations over here! The hamster coaster station (also at Fuji-Q) is a great example of stupid! It's like 4 feet wide outside the safety rail, and you have to traverse it twice to put your stuff in the lockers then get back to the loading steps! That's narrow when it's full of people and they force you to squeeze past them to stay at your place in line!

All-in-all I agree that it is possibly single loading, but with T-shaped supports, a single line of footers could easily support two tracks. The station is very wide for it's length, and from the distance involved in looking at the station, I won't guesstimate just how big it is numerically, in feet, but it is very big. None of us should state with any sense of authority what the arrangement is unless you work for S+S or there is visible physical proof of something. That's why I originally said "it LOOKS like it is big enough for a double loading station" instead of it "HAS a double loading station."

If you're going to argue, I don't HAVE to post my pictures here...

That inversion looks like it's going to have a long straight "ramp" section leading into/out of it. Not a complaint by any means, just an observation.

Thank you for the photos... they've officially convinced me and my girl to go on the 2007 Japan Trip, between that, Zaturn and Tokyo Disney Sea, there's just no way I'm NOT going to Japan ASAP.

Thanks again bro, nice looking park.

Great update Chris.

Well this gets even more weird. I can't figure out what they're gonna do with the lift - one part of me does think it could be inverted just by the way the track seems to going dead straight at the top of that Raven Turn, but anything could happen at the moment!

I just came up with a new explanation for the lifthill thingy. The lift hill isn't inverted, but at the top of the lift hill, there is a half heartline twist that spins the train into the inverted position. Just like on those Vekoma flyers. What you guys think about my theory?

If you look at the track connectors on the support structure you will see that the track has to be inverted.

There is no doubt that the top of the inversion has to be inverted. I see the lift being inverted and just dropping straight into that inversion.

AznShortBoi8021: They could have something like on the top of X. There could be a little dip and then the track rolls over, rises a little, and then drops into the inversion.

This picture complements yours nicely rollermonkey

Doesnt show much more appart from those lead up or lead off supports... the mystery deepens

Yeah, I wanted to get over to the other side by the construction gate, but when you're with folks from out of country...

We got a ride on Fujiyama and an after dark Dodonpa shot instead!

I just came up with a new explanation for the lifthill thingy. The lift hill isn't inverted, but at the top of the lift hill, there is a half heartline twist that spins the train into the inverted position. Just like on those Vekoma flyers. What you guys think about my theory?

Yup, I'm thinking the same, I think that would be cooler than a launch, anyways.

...but you're wrong. Look at the supports on the structure at the top of the raven turn. There are two track connectors on the underside of the upper supports, meaning that if that's the top of the lift, the track is inverted there and will stay inverted, instead of rolling inverted as it enters the raven turn.

And allow me to be a design dork for a second... there's --no such thing-- as a "heartlined" roll when the train's seats are 20 ft apart.

^ the center of the track is what needs to be heartliend, but I thought people already knew this.

Its impossible to make a 4D coaster with proper heartlining because the trains are so wide. And you cant 'heartline' the center of the track because if you did that the track wouldnt be heartlined

^while that'd be nice, I doubt it because after the fiasco X was (and is), S&S won't want to try new things with a problematic coaster. I'd think of this as more of an "updated prototype", as it isn't going to try anything new, but it is acting as the decision maker in the question of building more. It works more to fix X's problems than to create new ones.

Still, I could be wrong.

^ i really dont think x was a failure. just because it breaks down once and a while doesnt mean its bad. i think its mostly just sfmm's fault for x being down. havent you noticed at sfmm a lot of the coasters are ALWAYS closed? there never really is a day when everything is open.

^It takes forever just to load a train, which usually makes the wait about an hour, at least, and half the time it's a 1 train op, which means moving about 3 feet in line every ten minutes. Also, it has been known to break down a LOT. Half the time, it can never even open with the park, and the last time I went, it opened at around 4 pm.