TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to get back out there about once each month. 3rd weekend of January is looking like my next target date. It's like 90 minutes away plus $30 in tolls each way! February will be tough, I'm out to sea a lot, but March is good, too.

There didn't seem to be any track on site in mid-December, but the footers looked to be done and electrical work was in progress.

I'm just hoping the rumors of train problems are just rumors and the ride will open in July, as the construction workers seemed to believe was the target.

as the last post was wiped heres the next batch i just uploaded

Uploaded the next batch.

this is a poster thats popped up. its a very very rare image of the Giant Coaster that stood before Fujiyama. an old Sansei coaster and a pretty big one.

a thanks to Kazu and Thin for this batch

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

How exciting! Fortunately the forum downtime means that a (now obviously wrong) comment I made suggesting that it looked like there was only 1 'X rail' after looking at the first pictures that emerged doesn't exist anymore! I think I got confused by a comment made by Arrow in retrospect about how they wished they'd gone with a single rail on the original design.

The track type on this new one looks very similar to the original 'X' after all (it was the angle of the pictures and same-coloured rails that threw me!). That kind-of makes sense too due to the mysterious rumours about some sort of testing / goings-on with X-style trains by S&S at Magic Mountain.

Thanks for sharing these new pictures!

Let's hope there are big changes in the train design as the track design looks the same as X.

Also Judging from the footers it looks as if the ride will be a double out and back.

Does the park lack much land or somethings because it seems that for every new coaster they put in they have removed one. I've never really liked it when parks do that, and am glad World of Fun finally breaking there habbit of doing that (although i'm sure no one would miss boomerang much).

I honestly think this looks like a mirrored X clone But I hope it's isn't, not that X's layout is bad, but I'd like to see something new on a 4D since it's been a while since X was built and there finally is another 4D coming

What do you think the chances are of this being a launched 4D? I could be wrong on the perspective, but it looks like there's not THAT much room for a lift hill.. but at the same time there is a cluster of footers that would support a 90 degree drop. Im jealous.. just hope it can be more reliable.

Na--I can tell that it isn't directly a mirrored-clone of X.

Look at the "lift" supports--the footers are consistent up the drop--there is no truss, like on X. That means that the brake run and transfer wont be under the lift. In fact, you can see that the brakes turn away from the lift. Also, the "turn-around" goes all the way around the station/lift--there's track on both sides of the lift. On X, the course stays to the left of the lift.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if the element order was similar to that of X's.

^^the trains weigh over 5 TONS. They definitely don't overdo the suports.

According to Tusenfryd's website, one train (3 cars) on Speed Monster weigh about 5 tons, so I think 4D coaster's train with 7 cars, 20 feet wide weigh A LOT

^^the trains weigh over 5 TONS. They definitely don't overdo the suports.

According to Tusenfryd's website, one train (3 cars) on Speed Monster weigh about 5 tons, so I think 4D coaster's train with 7 cars, 20 feet wide weigh A LOT

I HIGHLY doubt that!!!

669783327_Untitled-1copy.jpg.2224eb75f718a89a81df442026ecbc08.jpg

SpeedMonster!