TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pick N Mix Video #1 Contest Top 20!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That explains a bit. Mine was perfectly synced up to music, but didn't have much of a story line to it, except at the very end. For a moment I though mine was disqualified because it was exactly three minutes and Robb and the gang might have rounded the time up.

Other than the lack of the storyline, I wouldn't mind some feedback though.

^^ Once I get all the final versions of the videos in I'm going to post them all at once.

I'm also thinking about making ALL of the entries available on a CD for anyone that wants to see them, or doesn't want to take the time to download them (you dial up people!)

I'm going to look into the costs of postage, a mailer, blank CD, and a sleeve, but I might just say "if you want all the entries, just PayPal my like $2.50 to cover the cost and I'll send them out"

--Robb

I'm also thinking about making ALL of the entries available on a CD for anyone that wants to see them, or doesn't want to take the time to download them (you dial up people!) Laughing

I'm going to look into the costs of postage, a mailer, blank CD, and a sleeve, but I might just say "if you want all the entries, just PayPal my like $2.50 to cover the cost and I'll send them out"

--Robb

That would be excellent! I hope you decide to do this.

I'm also thinking about making ALL of the entries available on a CD for anyone that wants to see them, or doesn't want to take the time to download them (you dial up people!) Laughing

--Robb

That would be excellent! I hope you decide to do this.

Ya I hope you decide to do that to Robb!! I would so much love to see all of them!!!

^ The way I test a video before publishing is show it to somone and stay completly silent. If they start talking anytime before the video is over, you need to go back and work something out (and start at the point at which your viewer started talking)

This is especially hard with the GP and coaster video's. Most of them do not grab their attention enough (unlike us who are like "whoa, that looked like good air time!")

Patrick

^ The way I test a video before publishing is show it to somone and stay completly silent. If they start talking anytime before the video is over, you need to go back and work something out (and start at the point at which your viewer started talking)

This is especially hard with the GP and coaster video's. Most of them do not grab their attention enough (unlike us who are like "whoa, that looked like good air time!")

Patrick

This is just my opinion but I dont see how that "works". They can be quiet thinking what a crap load of a video it was. Also talk can be a good thing especially if they are saying how good the video is and how much they like a particular part. But hey it may work for you but it doesnt sound like something I will put much faith in.

^ I totally get where he's coming from. For example, when we were watching the videos for the TPR video contest there were certain videos that just couldn't keep our attention. We'd get up and get a drink, go to the bathroom, etc.

While it's not a method that works 100% of the time, by doing this you are basically "focus testing" your video on an un-baised subject.

We do this all the time with video games too. Put a bunch of people in a room, watch them play your game, and we watch them from behind the glass. You learn a LOT from what people's reactions, or sometimes lack of reactions are.

When you've only got a couple of minutes to entertain someone, you gotta make sure that every second is STRONG.

Granted I agree that someone could not say a damn word and still totally think your video sucks, but when someone stops paying attention, that's almost 100% a sign you need to make changes.

--Robb

^ That's pretty much correct. Every second counts, whether its a two minute coaster video or a three hour movie. When you hold on a shot too long, someone will notice. I just watched my crappy entree again (hadn't seen it since I submitted it) and the second half is really laggy.

I just watched your video retardxdisco, and while it's certainly a good effort, you made a few mistakes. Nearly EVERY transition was a cross fade. Really, you should only use fade transitions (or really any non-hard cut) when it's truly appropriate. Too many transitions make it look amateurish, like a monkey opened up Premiere and wanted to use the entire library.

I'm really interested to see the other entries. I'm sure we have quite a few great editors on the board.

It's a method that requires interpritation. If your subject says "THATS COOL" or "HOW DID YOU DO THAT?" then of course you are okay. I have noticed sometimes there will be a couple people in the room, and they will talk to each other. Somthing will trigger a conversation and while they are still watching your video, they bring up something completlety unrelated.

Keeping a persons attention for 3 minutes is actually quite a difficult task.