Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

p. 550 - Hallowfest trip report!

Recommended Posts

On 7/11/2022 at 2:31 PM, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

I remember someone saying they broke the pumpkin program on the Ferris Wheel a while back - did they also break the Clock Program lighting package that was only just recently fixed a few seasons back? Any one know? 

Not sure about the clock - but the pumpkin wasn't a program. It was literally just additional strings of lights that they only plugged in for Fright Fest. The story is a worker clipped the wires working on something else (maybe fixing the primary light package?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to be back in St Louis two weeks from today, so just looking over the SFStL site, and I can see that...surpiiiiise...Xcalibur is listed as down for maintenance.  Has it been down all season so far?  I'm guessing I really shouldn't get my hopes up that it'll be running when I'm there, it'll only be the fourth time I've been to a park and tried to ride that thing and failed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2022 at 11:46 AM, Rai Fox said:

I'm going to be back in St Louis two weeks from today, so just looking over the SFStL site, and I can see that...surpiiiiise...Xcalibur is listed as down for maintenance.  Has it been down all season so far?  I'm guessing I really shouldn't get my hopes up that it'll be running when I'm there, it'll only be the fourth time I've been to a park and tried to ride that thing and failed.

No it has been running this season. But it does tend to take a while to get it fixed if something goes wrong (the wonders of owning a one-of-a-kind attraction).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rai Fox said:

Alright...just have to cross my fingers and hope the fourth time is the charm, then.

Just be wary of the turkey leg crowd next door to Xcalibur!

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Went to the park today, first visit with American Thunder running.  Still a great coaster, best in the park!

On the flipside, it's been a few years since I have ridden the Boss.  I decided to give it a ride today.  Mistake!  This coaster should be sold for kindling wood now.  The absolute worst ride ever on a coaster, and I have been on plenty.  Nothing remotely enjoyable about it.  We left early due to the headache I got from it.  

POS!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SteveStL said:

Went to the park today, first visit with American Thunder running.  Still a great coaster, best in the park!

On the flipside, it's been a few years since I have ridden the Boss.  I decided to give it a ride today.  Mistake!  This coaster should be sold for kindling wood now.  The absolute worst ride ever on a coaster, and I have been on plenty.  Nothing remotely enjoyable about it.  We left early due to the headache I got from it.  

POS!

Prime candidate for a steel retrack from RMC or GCI. It has a boss layout already, just needs some love to keep the head rattling to a minimum. 

Sold for kindling? Get out of here you’re no enthusiast!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, CP_RULES said:

Sold for kindling? Get out of here you’re no enthusiast!

Best compliment ever.

 

The Boss is the Timber Wolf of this side of Missouri. Love it or hate it, The Boss still sucks.

I'll repeat my strategy: (1) Butt back (2)Lean Forward (3) Grab the bar in front of you (4) Two beers in.

Enjoy! (Kind of)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, prozach626 said:

The Boss is the Timber Wolf of this side of Missouri. Love it or hate it, The Boss still sucks.

Except TW got love and is enjoyable again. Boss Sucks, RIGHT NOW. I think it is management's torture device for us, keep it as it is so we know our place.

EDIT: Love you too @SteveStL!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone else noticing all the old spots that were just mulch getting replaced with nice river rock? The landscaping team is really doing a good job this year trying to make the park look nicer! Also nice to see so much more sod being put in to replace the mulch beds around the park. Looks a lot cleaner.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some GP were bitching on FB that they closed the park too early yesterday before the storms really hit and that it was barely drizzling when things shut down...yada, yada, yada. They don't know how well the park was looking out for them. Apparently Eagle and Boomerang took a lightning hit during those storms and were down today for safety checks. No damage that I know of, so hopefully back up tomorrow. Although when Diamondback at KI took a lightning strike it was back up within four hours, however in all fairness it was during Coasterstock and I'm sure they moved heaven and earth to get it back up asap.

Also Thunder River, Supergirl, and Boss all were/went down at some point today....so apparently a bit of a rough day at the park. Hopefully they get most things up and running by tomorrow or it might be a very rough weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2022 at 8:21 PM, CP_RULES said:

Except TW got love and is enjoyable again. Boss Sucks, RIGHT NOW. I think it is management's torture device for us, keep it as it is so we know our place.

EDIT: Love you too @SteveStL!

I have been butt hurt about Boss ever since they neutered it by removing the helix 😠 I think the fact that the mid course trim is so severe now, which they had to do after the helix removal affects how the whole layout feels. Plus normal increasing roughness of it as it ages. Dunno but it hasn't felt right to me since; just due to altering the original design. Maybe that supposed RMC (which was a credible rumor amongst employees) that apparently got scrapped when the virus that shall not be named began will come to fruition some day. I know, I know........don't hold my breath, it may never happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't see the Boss lasting much longer in its current state.  Just a matter of time before one and/or many will get hurt, then we will have something like KI's SOB on our hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm calling it: SBNO, with a free spin in it's place. Just kidding. We won't get the free spin.

 

A local splash pad is opening by our house. I'm pretty stoked for my daughter. I say this, because in the very large 2.1 million dollar park expansion, the entire ground was leveled, utilities were run, the splash pad was built, a nice concession stand was constructed, the parking lots have been completed, and phase 1 should be set to open shortly. It broke ground in September, 2021.

Meanwhile, the carousel...

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2022 at 12:19 PM, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

Any one know if there will be the traditional Halloween shows this year?

Who knows, sounds like costs are continuing to be slashed around the company including another big round of layoffs.

This smells so much like what happened to TWA and Kmart/Sears right now. It feels like they're intentionally running the company in to the ground.

A few months ago they had a good CEO and were outperforming Wall Street expectations under him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

Who knows, sounds like costs are continuing to be slashed around the company including another big round of layoffs.

This smells so much like what happened to TWA and Kmart/Sears right now. It feels like they're intentionally running the company in to the ground.

A few months ago they had a good CEO and were outperforming Wall Street expectations under him. 

Oh God! TWA!! Way to open up old wounds. I am still butt hurt over that one. I surely hope not. There is a rumor, completely unsubstantiated, that some park presidents will officially be canned on Thursday's earnings call. One of them being SFSTL, will be interested to see if that holds any water or is all BS and what if anything it means for the park.

 

On 8/6/2022 at 12:19 PM, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

Any one know if there will be the traditional Halloween shows this year?

They are advertising for performers but not sure what the exact plans are, will stay cautiously optimistic. I thought last year's FF was back to about 75% of what it used to be. I think it will really all depend on how many employees they can get/retain through Halloween.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

A few months ago they had a good CEO and were outperforming Wall Street expectations under him. 

True, but everything else took a shit, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is a very good and accurate post on the current state of the company. Most of the employees are fed up and with the most recent cuts, something has to be done to save what’s left of the company. We are all hoping Selim is removed on Thursday’s call before he causes any more damage. 
 

https://screamscape.com/html/corporate_park_news.htm#SixFlags

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So how's the Park currently?  No President, wondering if that makes a difference at this point.  Any more rides SBNO?  Have they finally completed the Wheelchair Ramp for SE?  Any markers for a Blockbuster Steel Coaster popping up??? :)

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/