TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The ride op that lives in my house just left for his opening day shift. No shortage of hours if anyone needs a job, he is scheduled for every single day they are opened over Spring Break through next Sunday. Hope they don't have staffing issues into the summer! I may make a visit during the week just to see how things look.

Oh man someone commented on the FB post that reservations were sold out!. Yikes. Coasterdawg hope you get in........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teacherkim said:

The ride op that lives in my house just left for his opening day shift. No shortage of hours if anyone needs a job, he is scheduled for every single day they are opened over Spring Break through next Sunday. Hope they don't have staffing issues into the summer! I may make a visit during the week just to see how things look.

Oh man someone commented on the FB post that reservations were sold out!. Yikes. Coasterdawg hope you get in........

It's not letting me do any Sunday. Are those gone too? Yeesh!

This makes complete sense. This will drive traffic to the back of the park, where a lot of games are. Especially if they take the left path. It also could be they already have infrastructure there for power and stuff like that, saves cost? Could be both, or other reasons.

2 minutes ago, liltrekkie said:

This makes complete sense. This will drive traffic to the back of the park, where a lot of games are. Especially if they take the left path. It also could be they already have infrastructure there for power and stuff like that, saves cost? Could be both, or other reasons.

They already built the power infrastructure for Catwoman in back by The Boss though.

Can anyone tell me what all the stuff to the east of Batman on the other side of the train tracks, north of the water park? You can see it from the ride towers.

It seems like a collection of junk, but not sure if it's for Fright Fest or a collection of abandoned ride parts in a field.

7 minutes ago, Danrarbc said:

They already built the power infrastructure for Catwoman in back by The Boss though.

Maybe they have another ride planned there for 2023 that better uses the space? I honestly don't know.

14 minutes ago, jconsolmagno said:

Can anyone tell me what all the stuff to the east of Batman on the other side of the train tracks, north of the water park? You can see it from the ride towers.

It seems like a collection of junk, but not sure if it's for Fright Fest or a collection of abandoned ride parts in a field.

Mostly option A, a little B and no C.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CP_RULES said:

Thanks Google!

2012:

image.thumb.png.a72d6f15e3e6c936392ec179d049f834.png

2013: Fencing and things! Wasn't this for Fright Fest?

image.thumb.png.7cc860da7dad74e24de61fbea6378ecd.png

2019: Finally something new. Is this the "collection" you speak of?

image.thumb.png.c461500fbac2f6a1cc4aedc978e3c66e.png

Yes it is, looked like a lot more in summer 2020. 

IMO it looks like water park phase 2 was certainly planned for back there... there's the rope path with the concrete decor that matches the rest of the park behind the waterslide complex that  basically ends there. Instead, I think they started dropping other rides to the left and right of the wavepool rather than going back there.

31 minutes ago, jconsolmagno said:

Yes it is, looked like a lot more in summer 2020. 

IMO it looks like water park phase 2 was certainly planned for back there... there's the rope path with the concrete decor that matches the rest of the park behind the waterslide complex that  basically ends there. Instead, I think they started dropping other rides to the left and right of the wavepool rather than going back there.

That field is where the park shoots fireworks off for events. The collection of "junk" was brought in for the paintball attraction a few years back. The additional stuff visible starting around August 2019 till now is from the relocated Camp Killamore hunted house that use to be inside of Hurricane Harbor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, castaway_kid said:

That field is where the park shoots fireworks off for events. The collection of "junk" was brought in for the paintball attraction a few years back. The additional stuff visible starting around August 2019 till now is from the relocated Camp Killamore hunted house that use to be inside of Hurricane Harbor. 

Wow thanks!

9 hours ago, castaway_kid said:

For the record the Hurricane Harbor location was significantly better.

• Like 1

The paintball thing was doomed from the start due to the fact that you had to buy a minimum of a 3 hour slot which was a really expensive up charge. They would have had a better chance if they offered a smaller time slot for less money. Not sure if that was a park decision or the outside company running it made that choice but I knew that was not going to be popular under those parameters.

I remember the paintball attraction being a head scratcher for me. That was during the five years or so I didn't visit, despite being an hour from the park. Granted, I was the typical thrill demanding enthusiast back then, so no new coasters meant it wasn't worth the drive.

I'm at the park today without my member cups because my plan was to just drink from the paper cups they're doing for refills due to COVID during my two meals.

The park will no longer hand you the paper cups if they don't see your souvenir bottle even if you mobile ordered with your dining pass. This is a change from last year when they would still hand you a paper cup. Our park has always done mobile drink ordering differently than some others in the first place where they won't have it waiting with the food.

Member services also isn't open so getting new cups requires a wait in guest relations. Which has one window open. It's taking me an hour to get drinks. 

This isn't a good experience.

Most Six Flags parks have never done that. It's cool that St. Louis ever did,

As soon as we got those cups we threw them in the trash. I'd rather occasionally pay a few bucks than carry those stupid things around all day at parks. I don't know why they don't just do what Cedar Fair does.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Most Six Flags parks have never done that. It's cool that St. Louis ever did,

As soon as we got those cups we threw them in the trash. I'd rather occasionally pay a few bucks than carry those stupid things around all day at parks. I don't know why they don't just do what Cedar Fair does.

For the record when you mobile order free refills at SFOG they fill paper cups and they're waiting for you at the counter. No flashing of your existing cups needed. Because I just linked my pass to the order which proves I get free refills.

20 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

You confuse me. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Some chains do things better than others.  For Six Flags, it's operating calendars, disregarding manufacturer operating temperature recommendations, and staffing each ride with as few people as possible to maximize amount of rides open.  For Cedar Fair, it's maintaining rides, offering a drink plan that doesn't mandate comically sized bottles, a vastly superior skip-the-line program that is available on an all-park basis, and arguably water parks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

You confuse me. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

😂 Wow I said something nice about Cedar Fair. Feels weird...

Then again I guess the most important difference between a Six Flags soda and a Cedar Fair soda is that you can get a Six Flags soda before f*cking Memorial Day.

Is that better? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3