TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Seems realistic for us to get your old Toika while you get a new free spin roller coaster. Sadly, we'd all be pleased to get your old ride as our new ride. Some bread thrown to a peasant leaves at least temporary satisfaction.

I'm a gamblin' man so I would absolutely bet that we are going to be getting the Troika next year. Hey, my kids would love that ride so that's fine, but I hope it has a little more uptime than Boomerang, yeesh. That ride seems to be closed more than it's opened.

Tough times when I find myself somewhat enthused about getting a Troika.

You know, if some maintenance guy at the park wanted to have a lot of fun with the internet, he could put some little spray paint dots on the supports of either Boss, Ninja or Tidal Wave, and then sit back watch the reaction.

Seems realistic for us to get your old Toika while you get a new free spin roller coaster. Sadly, we'd all be pleased to get your old ride as our new ride. Some bread thrown to a peasant leaves at least temporary satisfaction.

The Free Spin came last year, that was Joker. The new Harley is a ABC Rides Tourbillion, which is a spinning tri-axis ride.

^ Well, if SFSTL is planning to install the troika as their "new for 2019" attraction, then it makes sense to wait until next year to put it in. Until then it'll likely remain in storage.

I wouldn't be happy if they called that the new addition. So of course that is probably going to be what happens.

Discussing and talking about different things at the park is one thing, and it’s a thing that many people (myself included) enjoy. It can be important to remind ourselves that this is a forum discussing theme parks! These parks literally have the sole goal of making people happy. It’s how they stay in business. While everything that may come up on here might not be positive, which is okay. However, I think it’s important to ground ourselves sometimes. I personally feel insanely blessed to work at a theme park: my goal since I first went to Disney at age five.

Being in a wheelchair, I was always sad deep down that I could never have a chance to operate a ride. But then the Rides Management team found a way to make it happen, and as if Superman wasn’t cool enough, they did me one better by getting me trained on JLBM! I’ve always wanted to work a dark ride, and even though it may not be completely perfect, JLBM is still an absolutely monumental attraction and marked a new era where regional parks like SFSL were able to offer similar experiences to the bigger parks in Orlando.

Not to mention, HH is getting its biggest addition ever this season. Driving to work each day, I love getting to see the colorful fiberglass parts being assembled into the tube sections to be lifted into place. HH will look better than ever when it opens this May.

It’s gonna be a good year, and there is a lot to be happy about. I look forward to seeing everyone’s TRs from your visits and hope to maybe run into a few of you.

I wouldn't mind a Troika to replace Highland Fling and I'm sure the St Louis GP would think it was pretty cool. They probably wouldn't even know it was another hand me down. I don't think SFSTL has ever had one. I'd love to see it as a "package" deal though. Of course, I'd much rather see an Endeavour replace the fling instead. It'd be like a modern "upgrade".

I think we're all making a lot of assumptions, but IF it were to come to SFSTL, I'd like to see a good lighting package added. Spinning rides aren't for me, but the Troika at King's Island looks awesome at night. I like watching them cycle, but at night it looks completely amazing.

^It depends on what direction the park wants to go. I don't think the number of times the ride has been transferred would be the sole contributing factor as long as its in good shape. KI just added the lighting package to their Troika a couple years ago.

Classic ride restoration seems to be somewhat popular right now. Look at Carowinds.

^It depends on what direction the park wants to go. I don't think the number of times the ride has been transferred would be the sole contributing factor as long as its in good shape. KI just added the lighting package to their Troika a couple years ago.

Classic ride restoration seems to be somewhat popular right now. Look at Carowinds.

You've named two Cedar Fair parks though. A company that already viewed lighting packages more favorably than Six Flags seems to.

My understanding is that lighting packages like these cost theme parks a pretty penny to both add and maintain. That being said, the new Tourbillion is supposedly going to have a lightning package similar to the ones on Catwoman (Endeavor) and Riddler (Giant Discovery). So I guess SF is willing to add lightning packages to some newer rides, but not so much on the older ones. As for the Troika, I think it's highly possible that it will receive a lighting package of some sort if it is indeed headed to SFSTL.

The new Waterslide is replacing the Speed Slides correct? if not, where is it being built?

Yes. Replacing the speed slides. Saw the paint in the grass last summer from the Tornado queue. They had gotten really rough on the spine .

Mike

The new Waterslide is replacing the Speed Slides correct? if not, where is it being built?

Yes. Replacing the speed slides. Saw the paint in the grass last summer from the Tornado queue. They had gotten really rough on the spine .

Mike

I haven't really been able to get a good look at the prep on the site. Not sure which direction the new one will go.

So what? You don't like the feeling of sliding down a mandolin? I think we actually might make it out to Hurricane Harbor this season. I still haven't ridden the last major slide addition.