TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I'm pretty sure HW taking out billboards in STL is at least partially the reason for the new water slide.

Not really, the park was in need of a new waterpark attraction. It'll be 6 years since the last addition of Bonzai, one of the longest stints of not adding anything since Harbor opened in 99

I was thinking about it today and I don't think 2019 will be our year for new steel, either. We'll probably get something in Highland Fling's spot.

It WILL happen eventually. I just have no clue when. Worst case S&S Free Spin, best case RMC Raptor.

2021 will be the 50th anniversary of the park. I know the enthusiast community doesn't care that much but for a park that caters to mostly locals. It would be all over the local news, maybe up season pass sales a bit......just saying.

I was thinking about it today and I don't think 2019 will be our year for new steel, either. We'll probably get something in Highland Fling's spot.

It WILL happen eventually. I just have no clue when. Worst case S&S Free Spin, best case RMC Raptor.

2021 will be the 50th anniversary of the park. I know the enthusiast community doesn't care that much but for a park that caters to mostly locals. It would be all over the local news, maybe up season pass sales a bit......just saying.

Hyper Raptor/TRex 2021 would be a great anniversary present.

Why yes I have been drinking. Why do you ask?

I really do enjoy seeing stuff like this on the news and only wish that they would show more.

The national media seems so intent on focusing more on the bad than the good anymore. I think that it should really be the opposite so that everyone knows that there really are more good people in this world than bad!

Bit of early trip planning for a potential late May/early June 2019 visit:

-How are the crowds around that time?

-Xcalibur's reliability? Is it likely to be removed before then?

-Likely only one day, not expecting to get Flash Pass

-Would it be better to do Six Flags or the City Museum on a weekend?

Before Memorial Day week, the park is only open on weekends. Once it goes daily, it gets pretty good attendance. You won't find super long lines unless it's BAFF on a holiday weekend or something like that, but it can get busy and waits of 30-60 minutes are totally possible.

Xcalibur is not reliable. If it's a priority for you, and you see it running, go right away. It's not likely to be removed any time soon.

One day is fine, shouldn't need Flash Pass if you get there right at opening and hit American Thunder and Mr. Freeze first. Justice League has single rider (or at least they did this year, they've been back and forth on that, so hard to say if it'll be back next year). If for some reason you arrive at the park and it's packed, regular Flash Pass is fine. I can't imagine a scenario that would require a higher tier.

City Museum is definitely the better choice on a weekend. It can be very busy and not feel like it because everyone spreads out. Also, "very busy" for City Museum is a few hundred people, while "very busy" for Six Flags is a few thousand.

So did the park operate as scheduled yesterday in the bitter cold? With the exception of a day or two, the forecast looks pretty brutal through the rest of HITP from a temp standpoint. Even if they run some of the rides in those conditions, I can't imagine there will be much attendance.

They were open, though many rides (and all coasters) were closed.

According to Queue Times, they were down to the Ferris Wheel, Foghorn Leghorn National Park Railway, Carousel, Shazam, Antique Cars and Justice League Battle for Metropolis by the end of the night.

So did the park operate as scheduled yesterday in the bitter cold? With the exception of a day or two, the forecast looks pretty brutal through the rest of HITP from a temp standpoint. Even if they run some of the rides in those conditions, I can't imagine there will be much attendance.
I drove past the park on our way to my family in Illinois and I didn't see barley any cars in the parking lot.

I drove past the park on our way to my family in Illinois and I didn't see barley any cars in the parking lot.

Wait, I'm confused. You "didn't see barely any cars?" So that means you saw lots of cars? What did you actually see? Because your sentence reads that there were lots of cars there.

Wait, I'm confused. You "didn't see barely any cars?" So that means you saw lots of cars? What did you actually see? Because your sentence reads that there were lots of cars there.

sorry typo. There was barley anyone there. Only saw two cars in the parking lot from what I saw. Edited by Darthyoda