TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

So, according to the SFStl's Pass Holder announcement email sent today, they are making an official announcement regarding a new ride for 2017 on September 1st.

Let the speculation and b*tching continue

No coaster for us next year... or so I've been told

A Free Spin or No Free Spin - either way it's no big thing

I usually make it a goal to point out any staff who were going above and beyond doing their job and really enjoy working in their spot during my visit on the surveys.

But really, have any of the employees at Six Flags St. Louis ever actually gone "above and beyond" doing their job??

It might be hard to see, but we have a couple employees on the board who really do seem to go above and beyond. Although I haven't personally encountered them at the park, I can only assume based on the manner in which they go out of their way to bring us detailed knowledge of attractions and operations, that they probably do a pretty decent job of going above and beyond when they're on the clock.

I had no idea that my post would cause a chain reaction. I was trying to bring some positivity into this thread because it has been mostly negative lately. My point was some of the employees really get into their jobs sometimes there and make people smile. Some of them even make personal connections with others.

Just an FYI that this is the reason I'm pretty much done with this thread. The sad part is that I came to it tonight with optimistic news and updates to report, especially as I am looking forward to going to lunch with Pete Friday. But hey...have a Six Flags Day. Some of y'all are just ridiculous.

I know how you feel...

On a more positive note, Maintenance was working on Boomerang and Superman all day. Still no train on Boom but on Superman they were using car number 6, which is the one the "incident" happen on. I'm guessing they pulled one of the spare cars from the graveyard to replace it because there was no visible damage to car 6 anymore, and they also were lowering a new cable to that car. I'm surprised and happy that they have gotten this far on Superman after what happened to it. But I'm still never getting on it again.

Wait... what happened???

I'm with you on this one. What happened??

Noone is going to say that knows I promise you that, but noone got hurt and that's what's important. If it reopens that means corporate and Intimin cleared it after the incident.

I will NEVER be riding another 2nd gen Intimin drop tower again.

Yes, he did... So much better than traditional trolling, too!

I'd really like to say something along the lines of questioning how this type of ride could be allowed to open without some type of serious overhaul or design change, but I don't like to make statements based on limited knowledge and speculation. I'd like to know more, but I doubt that will ever happen.

I don't like to make statements based on limited knowledge and speculation

I'm not exactly sure you fit the mold of what we're going for around here. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

Edited by coasterbill

I'm not exactly sure you fit the mold of what we're going for around here. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

Damn. Back to the island I go.

You know, it's fine to complain about not getting the things you want for your home park....hell, that's the norm for places like this. I do, however, find the level of just plain thoughtlessness shown to other posters in this thread and members of TPR to be a bit crappy. To put no thought into general bitching about the employees of a park, when a few of them go ABOVE AND BEYOND in this very thread, is kind of inconsiderate.

Six Flags has always employed younger people - corporate wide. I worked there when I was a teenager. Now this comment is most certainly all encompassing, and I do not mean to offend anyone here; but teenagers (including myself,) often have an EXTREMELY different opinion of Above-and-beyond service. I'm certainly not saying that they don't care - but during hot summer months in the sun, when I was 15 and 16, I just wanted to give you your soda so you could leave. I'd smile and say thank you and refer to people as Ma'am and Sir - but that was about it (and I was one of the people who loved the job.)

Six Flags Food Service, especially at the counter service restaurants, has NEVER BEEN FAST. EVER. I've been going to Six Flags Parks for somewhere around 40 years, and during the last 30 - I don't think I've ever quickly gotten a meal and often have to wait longer for food than for a coaster. I know from experience, being the cashier that people are getting upset with regarding the delay in getting their food (when there is absolutely nothing I could do about it,) did not lead to me wanting to give exceptional service. Once again, I just wanted to hand over the food and continue working the line until I could go on break.

I, for one, would like to acknowledge the SFStL employees that post here, and say thank you. You are the kind of employees that EVERY park needs. I also want to tell you guys that on my visits to SFStL, the employees were mostly the nicest I've dealt with in the Six Flags Chain.

Thanks guys.

I can't find it now, but there was a FB post for a presale for the Flash Sale for season pass members. 2017 Gold Pass for $63.

It's on the Six Flags St Louis facebook page, and the Flash Sale for current passholders is 2017 Gold Pass for $49.99 each. That's the good part. The bad part is that the Season Dining Passes come up for $200.00! There is no way I'm paying $200 for a Season Dining Pass! THe thing is, that pass doesn't come up as part of the Flash Sale. There's a link to buy it on the Flash Sale page, but it just takes you to the regular Season Dining Pass page, which has no mention of a discount. So, I'm hoping that when September 1st rolls around, there will be a sale on the Season Dining Passes as well. If there's not, well, we'll be spending about one tenth as much time at Six Flags as we have the past few years, since the Dining Pass is a big reason we visit, and we'll be eating outside the park because I will not be paying $10 for a hot dog.

Does anyone have any knowledge of whether the price will come down September 1st?